cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Pre-Qualified offers update after score changes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before Pre-Qualified offers update after score changes?

Hey all, with a lot of help reading around here I've raised my scores about ~60ish into the 630 range in the past 2 months or so (which hopefully will go up even more once my new util reports). I'm holding off on applying for anything (currently have a Cap1 Secured, Cap1 QS1, Cap1 QS, and USBank Secured [since I bank with them]), until I see some somewhat reliable pre-qual offers. Does anyone know approximately how long these offers take to SP, or update based on new scores?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before Pre-Qualified offers update after score changes?

That's a crap shoot...companies 'market' when they market...you can't control that.

You can check pre-qual sites but remember it's hard to tell if they are using a SP from

last week or 6 weeks ago...it's not like your current lender does an AR and then does offers every month after YOU've paid,

it's luck of the draw.

Think of it like a sale at a dept. store sometimes just so happens the jeanss you like are on sale but it's hard to just predict,

totally out of the sky even IF a company wants to do an offer vs one you'd want at this time vs the next one etc....

Again, we're talking 'offers' not CLI's or stuff like that...an offer is say 2.99 BT's or some sort of special offered just like a '2 for1' special at the mall

there isn't a way to answr 'how long before the next sale' b/c only the company/bank knows when they want to run a special..like Burger King Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Exactly like Burger King...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer!

Mainly just looking for Amex for a trip this December (gotta get those skymiles!), but no rush on that of course

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer!

Mainly just looking for Amex for a trip this December (gotta get those skymiles!), but no rush on that of course

All you can do is check their pre-qual site from time to time the problem is we never know if we're just poking the same bear, wasting our time......

EX: If company A doesn't update their SP but every 2 months vs 3 months we could 'check' everyday for 50 days not knowinh WHICH day they updated their pull.

It cost companies money, time and effort to constantly a have up to date info,....if we could only tell for sure when each updated it'd be killer.

But even the CB's seem to lag on 'updating' info some time to time ...I see balances on my reports that are2 months old all the the time or one has it pretty close and the other is out to lunch.....yeah I know that 'next' time it'll be corrected (probably) but they control it not me and bythe time I were to 'dispute' it ..I would have seen my barber 3 freaking times....what 'good' does that do me

Mind you I'm not crying...it is what it is...I just try to share with folks not to STRESS over this crap b/c you will NEVER control it the way you think you might NEVER, so chill out and roll with the punches...cause that's the only choice we have, it'll come out in the wash.

Best of luck...you've got a good foundation, youll be fine....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.