Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before requesting CLI?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

How long before requesting CLI?

Im coming up on one year with my citizens bank/charter one platinum rewards card, and wondering if I should request a CLI. Ive never been late and pay off my bill every month. The only thing is that Ive been over my limit before ( for maybe a few days at a time) gas stations lol but I have a low $500 limit and because I get 3% cash back  I always use it. because the limit is so low I pay every week or so to keep the balance to where I can use it.

I had better credit when I got the card, if I request a CLI, will they pull my credit again? or will they just look at my history with them?

It would be nice to get it up to 1k, as I could manage that better not having to pay 6 or 7 times a month to use it, but I dont want a credit pull and I dont know if going over the limit for a few days here and there will hurt.

Never requested CLI. What should I do?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: How long before requesting CLI?

Everything is card issuer dependent. Don't know citizen. Best bet is to call them and wait for those with more experience with that bank to post, which you might get none.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.