Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long between Apps should I wait to get a 3rd chase card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long between Apps should I wait to get a 3rd chase card

I was recently approved for the freedom an slate about a month ago. I transferred my slate CL to the freedom an closed slate as I don't Carry a balance. I then recon my amazon app an was approved. I would really like to get my hands on CSP. What do I do. My TU fico is 685 according to barclays.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How long between Apps should I wait to get a 3rd chase card

I would wait at least a few months and use the cards you have responsibly. To get another one with them may scare them a bit.

I don't want to be all up in your business, but make sure you can justify CSP. The card has been nerfed quite a bit and Amazon Visa covers the dining category with no AF, so there is really no point to CSP except for the 2x travel and travel transfers. Make sure you do the math and decide that you can justify the fee because a lot of people are finding they can't (except for people who travel a lot and if you are one of those I apologize) Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of people wouldn't argue that the CSP lacks a justifiable AF.  The sign-up bonus is lucrative though and the waived first year makes it a no brainer for at least a couple of years.  I like my CSP and the service I've received through CS.  I don't see myself maintaining it for more than a couple more years as my earn just about matches the fee.  The bonus is where it's at most of all.  Three cards with Chase already is a little steep as the other contributor said.  Now that I have the CSP that makes my count two (CSP & Freedom).  Perhaps close the Slate by product change if they'll allow it and request the CSP.  The Slate is a worthless card and I've never understood why so many have it.  The RIng card by Barclays is the best and most likely approval of all low interest/balance transfer card IMHO.

@Anonymous wrote:
I was recently approved for the freedom an slate about a month ago. I transferred my slate CL to the freedom an closed slate as I don't Carry a balance. I then recon my amazon app an was approved. I would really like to get my hands on CSP. What do I do. My TU fico is 685 according to barclays.

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You don't want to scare Chase by to many card in such a short period.. Essentially you have applied for 3 chase cards and approved for all 3 in about a months time, although you closed one and moved the limit to the freedom, still three cards.. You are wanting to open a fourth now.. Give it a few months and show them some spending and build your internal score up then go for it..  This is of course if you travel, if you don't as others mentioned your Amazon takes care of that at $0 AF for eating out if I am not mistaken.  You have asked this question a few times on various threads, obviously you want this card.  You can try now, but my suggestions is wait a few months and you might also end up seeing a pre-qual on the site like I eventually did.  Either way, best of luck with you choose to do.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.