Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long between chase approvals

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: How long between chase approvals

Okay so I know you can't pc from the amazon chase...but what about moving credit lines?
Could you app and if not instant, recon and ask for a portion of the amazon line to be moved to help the new line? In this way you are giving them something to and they might take that as a good intent. I dunno.
Still interested to know wha Enharu is thinking?

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 21 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@colindidit wrote:
I don't have any pre approvals :/ and that's what I'm worried about is a toy limit

Credit limit is overrated.

Pre-approval is also overrated.

Low rewards card are *way* overrated, in my view.

Huh? Are they really? What low rewards cards are overrated in your view?

Message 22 of 39
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@colindidit wrote:
I don't have any pre approvals :/ and that's what I'm worried about is a toy limit

Any 1% cashback general spending cards without a sign-up rewards.  I'd like people get more out of the rewards the issuers are giving, especially taking advatage of the sign-up bonuses.

Message 23 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

Any 1% cashback general spending cards without a sign-up rewards.  I'd like people get more out of the rewards the issuers are giving, especially taking advatage of the sign-up bonuses.

I don't think those cards are mentioned at all on this board. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 39
colindidit
Established Contributor

I want it but idk if it's worth it lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 25 of 39
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

It seems to me most people here discount the value of a sign-up bonus.  For example, the Freedom or Discover's 5% rotating categories are great, but overrated compared to Barclay's NFL card offering $400 for $1,000 spend (especially since credit can be applied even before paying the bill), followed up with a tail end $200 bonus a few months later.

By overrated, I mean the failure to take into consideration not only spending rewards, but also the sign-bonus, which in most cases will exceed most people's yearly bonus from spending.  Moreover, even if one were to spend $30K, why not use the initial $10K spend for sign-up bonsuses, then follow up with the $20K for the 2% cash card, etc...

Message 26 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

It seems to me most people here discount the value of a sign-up bonus.  For example, the Freedom or Discover's 5% rotating categories are great, but overrated compared to Barclay's NFL card offering $400 for $1,000 spend (especially since credit can be applied even before paying the bill), followed up with a tail end $200 bonus a few months later.

By overrated, I mean the failure to take into consideration not only spending rewards, but also the sign-bonus, which in most cases will exceed most people's yearly bonus from spending.  Moreover, even if one were to spend $30K, why not use the initial $10K spend for sign-up bonsuses, then follow up with the $20K for the 2% cash card, etc...

Totally. Unless you're bounded by a major loan in the near future, it's a lot more lucrative to use the spending to clear sign-up bonuses. But there is always the headache of managing multiple cards to keep in mind. Smiley Frustrated

I still don't understand why people would rather get a Discover It than a Discover More with even a $50, up to $200, sign-up bonus. Robot Happy

Message 27 of 39
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I still don't understand why people would rather get a Discover It than a Discover More with even a $50, up to $200, sign-up bonus. Robot Happy

Exactly, especially since you can PC to the IT card instantly after receiving the $200.

Message 28 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Exactly, especially since you can PC to the IT card instantly after receiving the $200.

Exactly!

Message 29 of 39
colindidit
Established Contributor

So do you guys think I have a good chance? Even Barclays would be solid lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.