Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long between chase approvals

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

How long between chase approvals

I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseam, but how long between chase approvals can you safely apply for another card? I've been targeting the freedom for the past year. I just got the Disney in November and want to get rid of my amazon chase.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long between chase approvals

I applied for and was approved for the Chase Amazon and the CSP within about 2 weeks I think. I think as long as your profile looks pretty good, I wouldn't put too much stock into a certain period of waiting.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 39
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

I got the Freedom and Amazon Rewards on the same day. I did the Rewards card first and they were able to recognize I was already approved for one of their cards so I wasn't like I flew under the radar.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 3 of 39
colindidit
Established Contributor

That makes sense. I just don't want to waste an inquiry and have to recon. I have 7 on TU which is who they pull here. But they're falling off ahead of schedule. Inquiries from November have already came off. Lol I think my credit reports glitching
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 4 of 39
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Go for it and if you have to recon (it's Chase recons are actually pleasant) offer to PC or give up the Amazon card. Or keep the Amazon card but transfer all but $500 to the new Freedom card. 

Message 5 of 39
enharu
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Go for it and if you have to recon (it's Chase recons are actually pleasant) offer to PC or give up the Amazon card. Or keep the Amazon card but transfer all but $500 to the new Freedom card. 

can't PC from amazon card to others. I guess this is due to an arrangement Chase has with Amazon. I tried mine for over a year, but they just wouldn't allow it Smiley Sad

or maybe, i'm just unlucky.

I got my CSP on monday, and applied for Freedom on Friday and got approved. about 5 days in between 2 Chase cards.

I don't think they really care how long between each approval as long as you are in good standing. Having prior relationship with them helps increases chances by a lot. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 39
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Usually if you apply for mutliple cards within 30 or sixty days the system will automatically decline you. All you have to do is ring them and ask someone to push it through. November is plenty of time for you to apply for another one and not get declined for too many applications with them.

Message 7 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

I think you're overthinking it. I have yet to hear of a denial due to insufficient amount of time elapsed from the last approved application. 

Message 8 of 39
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

How good are your reports/score ? I applied for the CSP & then the Freedom at the same exact time.

I got approved instantly for the CSP then got the, "Decision Pending," for the Freedom. Recon'd immediately & got approved for it. They pulled EQ for me & mine was 750 FICO at the time.
Message 9 of 39
colindidit
Established Contributor

My scores are in my sig. And I have about 6 or 7 inquiries on TU that's who they pull. Have about a year relationship with chase and two cards. Idk my chances
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.