Established Contributor
Pilotdude

Re: How long between chase approvals

[ Edited ]
Okay so I know you can't pc from the amazon chase...but what about moving credit lines?
Could you app and if not instant, recon and ask for a portion of the amazon line to be moved to help the new line? In this way you are giving them something to and they might take that as a good intent. I dunno.
Still interested to know wha Enharu is thinking?

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Blogger
HiLine

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

colindidit wrote:
I don't have any pre approvals :/ and that's what I'm worried about is a toy limit

Credit limit is overrated.

Pre-approval is also overrated.

Low rewards card are *way* overrated, in my view.

Huh? Are they really? What low rewards cards are overrated in your view?

Senior Contributor
Open123

HiLine wrote:

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

colindidit wrote:
I don't have any pre approvals :/ and that's what I'm worried about is a toy limit

Any 1% cashback general spending cards without a sign-up rewards.  I'd like people get more out of the rewards the issuers are giving, especially taking advatage of the sign-up bonuses.

Blogger
HiLine

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

colindidit wrote:

Any 1% cashback general spending cards without a sign-up rewards.  I'd like people get more out of the rewards the issuers are giving, especially taking advatage of the sign-up bonuses.

I don't think those cards are mentioned at all on this board. :smileywink:

Established Contributor
colindidit

I want it but idk if it's worth it lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Senior Contributor
Open123

HiLine wrote:

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

colindidit wrote:

It seems to me most people here discount the value of a sign-up bonus.  For example, the Freedom or Discover's 5% rotating categories are great, but overrated compared to Barclay's NFL card offering $400 for $1,000 spend (especially since credit can be applied even before paying the bill), followed up with a tail end $200 bonus a few months later.

By overrated, I mean the failure to take into consideration not only spending rewards, but also the sign-bonus, which in most cases will exceed most people's yearly bonus from spending.  Moreover, even if one were to spend $30K, why not use the initial $10K spend for sign-up bonsuses, then follow up with the $20K for the 2% cash card, etc...

Blogger
HiLine

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

colindidit wrote:

It seems to me most people here discount the value of a sign-up bonus.  For example, the Freedom or Discover's 5% rotating categories are great, but overrated compared to Barclay's NFL card offering $400 for $1,000 spend (especially since credit can be applied even before paying the bill), followed up with a tail end $200 bonus a few months later.

By overrated, I mean the failure to take into consideration not only spending rewards, but also the sign-bonus, which in most cases will exceed most people's yearly bonus from spending.  Moreover, even if one were to spend $30K, why not use the initial $10K spend for sign-up bonsuses, then follow up with the $20K for the 2% cash card, etc...

Totally. Unless you're bounded by a major loan in the near future, it's a lot more lucrative to use the spending to clear sign-up bonuses. But there is always the headache of managing multiple cards to keep in mind. :smileyfrustrated:

I still don't understand why people would rather get a Discover It than a Discover More with even a $50, up to $200, sign-up bonus. :robothappy:

Senior Contributor
Open123

HiLine wrote:

I still don't understand why people would rather get a Discover It than a Discover More with even a $50, up to $200, sign-up bonus. :robothappy:

Exactly, especially since you can PC to the IT card instantly after receiving the $200.

Blogger
HiLine

Open123 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

Exactly, especially since you can PC to the IT card instantly after receiving the $200.

Exactly!

Established Contributor
colindidit

So do you guys think I have a good chance? Even Barclays would be solid lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+