cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do new balances take to report?

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

How long do new balances take to report?

A couple weeks ago I made some heavy payments across the board to move my UTIL down to 7% from close to 19%.  Left a few cards with little balances and they are 0% apr at the moment.  I was hoping the new balances would report by end of this month.  How long does it take to cycle thru?  I'm hoping for a score bump... we'll see.

Thanks

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long do new balances take to report?

Depends on the creditor and when they report the the CRAs.  They will all generally report once a month.  I feel like most of mine seem to report around the 24th or 25th but I could be way off on that.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the individual card and their reporting dates. I believe most cards report after the statement cuts, but some report on a random day like the end of the month. I would give it at least a few days after the statement cut for the cards in question to see a change on your reports. 

Message 3 of 5
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Thanks for the feedback... it all makes and I will remain patient.

FYI - overnight my payoff of the JCP/Synchrony card reported the 0 balance to Experian.  Results was 8 point increase on EX score.  Progress!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 4 of 5
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I did something similar 42% to 1% and it took about 3 weeks before I saw any change.  (most of my cards update to the CR just before my statement so I had to wait for all of em to update)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.