Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does 4506T take?

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

How long does 4506T take?

Just curious, I didn't see this listed in the Guide. Once you mail in a 4506-T, how long does it usually take to get a response from AMEX?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does 4506T take?

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Just curious, I didn't see this listed in the Guide. Once you mail in a 4506-T, how long does it usually take to get a response from AMEX?

Can't you fax it?

Message 2 of 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, fax or mail.

I'm talking more about once it gets to them. When they have a signed 4506-t, how long does it take for them to a) get the transcripts and b) make a decision?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Yeah, fax or mail.

I'm talking more about once it gets to them. When they have a signed 4506-t, how long does it take for them to a) get the transcripts and b) make a decision?

If you fax it I suppose you could call them right away and see if someone will help you.

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Yeah, fax or mail.

If you fax it I suppose you could call them right away and see if someone will help you.

No, it's not like a recon!  They use the form to get the transcript from the IRS, so they can't do anything till they get that.

But NewGuy:  typical for me was 3-7 days to be told there was a problem with the form, 3-7 days to be told that there was another problem with the new form and eventually 10-15 days to get a decision

Message 5 of 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Yeah, fax or mail.

No, it's not like a recon!  They use the form to get the transcript from the IRS, so they can't do anything till they get that.

But NewGuy:  typical for me was 3-7 days to be told there was a problem with the form, 3-7 days to be told that there was another problem with the new form and eventually 10-15 days to get a decision

Hey LTL, thanks, I figured that you would know the answer to this. So, if they have an issue with my form, probably 15 business days, and if the stars align and it's all good, maybe a week after they receive it?

Message 6 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Yeah, fax or mail.

Hey LTL, thanks, I figured that you would know the answer to this. So, if they have an issue with my form, probably 15 business days, and if the stars align and it's all good, maybe a week after they receive it?

Probably a bit more than a week, as they have to get the transcripts.   But not too long, just feels it.

Message 7 of 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Yeah, fax or mail.

Probably a bit more than a week, as they have to get the transcripts.   But not too long, just feels it.

All things considered, that's not too bad. I can wait. Not patiently of course, but that's my bad.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Are you doing this for an FR or for a CLI?

Message 9 of 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

No FR, just a CLI.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.