Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Amex keep records?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does Amex keep records?

I was on my parents Amex Green in about 1983/4 and I defaulted. I'd like to get back on their card as Authorized User as I am rebuilding credit, but wondering if they will still have records of that default? If so, can I pay it off/settle and get authorized?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does Amex keep records?

They have "Elephant Memory"

Do a search for the Oasis phone numbers-
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

888-232-3261
800-843-2273
800-700-7619
Message 3 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Probably few decades if not few centuries. They remembered my account from 18 years ago with out any difficulty.
Message 4 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

But if you were an AU (or their version) first time around, they might not have you. I have the vaguest memories of once having had a green card and been late on it (yes, I know, I know), so I called them up and asked if I had left any messes that I could clean up. They looked for my social and had no records of me.

All I can guess is that I was on my DH's card or something, although even that doesn't seem quite right.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long?

How long do you plan to live?
Add 55 years to that.

They don't forget.

Message Edited by EddieX on 12-13-2007 01:15 PM
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will that 100% preclude me from getting AU? If so, do you think they'd do some sort of Oasis-AU, i.e. allow me to settle for a portion and assign me AU?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even as an AU, they access his crdit and require a ssn.  You can try.  Was the card ever paid off?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

EddieX wrote:
How long?

How long do you plan to live?
Add 55 years to that.

They don't forget.

Message Edited by EddieX on 12-13-2007 01:15 PM

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amex has great long-term memory, not so sure about their short-term memory lately.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.