cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does BOA take to process an Application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does BOA take to process an Application?

Last Sunday night I applied online for 3 different credit cards.

I have already heard back from 2 of them but nothing from Bank of America.

I went to the BOA website and clicked the link "check application status" and it comes back saying that no information can be found.

I call the phone number to check status and it says if it has been less than 10 days since you applied then call back.

Why is BOA so slow while others let you know in 1 or 2 days?

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long does BOA take to process an Application?

Tex-

I called the number after waiting roughly 20 minutes.  I felt I had a valid question, as I had been pre-approved by the link for 3k, then got the message about further processing.  I was able to talk to a human and get approved on the spot. 

I'm horribly impatient and limbo drives me insane.  You might try this -- the worst a human could do is tell you it's still being processed, but at least they may tell you a little bit more about the status in their system.

Texcalibur wrote:
Last Sunday night I applied online for 3 different credit cards.

I have already heard back from 2 of them but nothing from Bank of America.

I went to the BOA website and clicked the link "check application status" and it comes back saying that no information can be found.

I call the phone number to check status and it says if it has been less than 10 days since you applied then call back.

Why is BOA so slow while others let you know in 1 or 2 days?

Thanks

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a BofA card a little over two weeks ago and on the 10th day they finally made their decision. (denied, probably cause I already have a BofA CC - that or they didn't like that EX reports 19 inquiries). You should probably call them up like mentioned above... I wish I did.

edited cause I can't type

Message Edited by souper on 05-08-2008 07:43 PM
Message 3 of 8
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

When I app'd for my BofA Amex, I got the same message. When I tried to check the status - nothing found. I took that as an opportunity to check on it. I called and said "I applied on line but I'm not sure that it went through - can you check for me?"... they told me all about the status. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
mcsmith17
Established Member

Took about 10 business days for me.  As soon as the approval was made, the tradeline was on my EX and EQ reports.
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DD#2 applied on the phone. I told her to report my income in addition to her negligible student income, and the CSR asked if I wanted to be an AU. He said that it wouldn't report on my reports, and I figured it might help when she is out of the country, so I said sure.

On day 10, the account appeared on my EX (sheesh), so it looks like they approved on day 9.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call a Credit Analysts at 866-865-7842 and have them look over your application.  This will also give you the opportunity to GW over the phone (per se) if their is something on your CR that may prevent you from getting the card or them assigning a lower limit. 
Message 7 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I too have had luck talking to a human at BOA. I was able to recon a CLI after being denied online.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.