cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Citi keep you on a blacklist??

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

How long does Citi keep you on a blacklist??

I have an acct. almost 10 yrs ago in default and i was denied recently. Am I on their list forever?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does Citi keep you on a blacklist??

I have no idea but am curious how they declined? Was it instant? Were you approved first and then the account rescinded? Did they even pull your CR? How was the decline worded?

Message 2 of 12
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

+

Message 3 of 12
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Anecdotal evidence suggests that if you settle up with them, they will let you back in.

YMMV, though.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 4 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Anyone?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think you are blacklisted.  Citi prefers customers with 700+ credit score.   You may not be worthy in their eyes at this point.

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Anecdotal evidence suggests that if you settle up with them, they will let you back in.

YMMV, though.

I didn't ask for sarcasm in this thread, and your quite over the top pn every thread. If you don't have a real answer, keep it to yourself please.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not think you are blacklisted.  Citi prefers customers with 700+ credit score.   You may not be worthy in their eyes at this point.

Thats the only reason I got from them in their denial letter. (Your prior citi accounts)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 12
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@pazuzu wrote:

YMMV, though.

I didn't ask for sarcasm in this thread, and your quite over the top pn every thread. If you don't have a real answer, keep it to yourself please.

How was his/her post sarcasm? It seems to me that he/she was providing a serious response. Evidence suggests but does not prove that if you pay the debt owed to Citi they will remove you from the "blacklist." If you have paid off that debt already than it may be another factor on your credit report that is scaring Citi away.

"Anecdotal Evidence" is another way of saying "that evidence suggests but does not prove" something.

Message 9 of 12
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I have an acct. almost 10 yrs ago in default and i was denied recently. Am I on their list forever?

Hello,

Have you paid? I had a Citi Platinum Select that charged off 7-8 yrs ago, never went to an outside CA, and in 2010 I called them to ask if I paid would they reopen the account.  The told me they could not do that, but other ppl have gotten cards after a chargeoff was paid.  So, I paid the balance $800 and I'm just waiting for my scores to get back up there, and hopefully I will be able to qualify for the Thank You card..thats the star I'm aimin for.  Good Luck!! Smiley Wink

Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.