cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Walmart Discover upgrade offer last?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

How long does Walmart Discover upgrade offer last?

Just logged in to my Walmart CC account to find that I have the Discover upgrade offer.  I intend to apply for a couple cards with more stringent requirements in a couple weeks and I don't want a new TL reporting before that happens.  Does anyone have an idea how long I can let the offer sit without accepting it?  Is it indefinite or will it disappear?  It's not a huge deal if I lose it, but I wouldn't mind padding my file with an inquiry-free TL.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: How long does Walmart Discover upgrade offer last?

I have seen posts where people have accepted the upgrade and if it is not activated within 90 days it reverts back to the store card. I'm not sure though if you get the hit for new TL either way. It might be worth calling GECRB and asking. That would give you 90 days if they don't report the upgrade until you activate it. I'm just putting it out there hopefully someone else knows more.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 17
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

How long have you had your WM account?

Message 3 of 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

Not only that, but where did you see that you had an upgrade offer, under offers? Or what?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 17
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Not only that, but where did you see that you had an upgrade offer, under offers? Or what?

Normally it is a pop up that appears when you log into your account. When I received mine it showed as a full page offer upon first logging in to my account.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 5 of 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Normally it is a pop up that appears when you log into your account. When I received mine it showed as a full page offer upon first logging in to my account.

Right on, thanks. I guess it is hard to miss then Smiley Wink

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 6 of 17
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Let me ask again...

Message 7 of 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

Let me ask again...

I'm just starting my 16th month; my cl started at 700. And you could have been talking to anyone when you asked that the first time. Don't try and hold me responsible for your ambiguity.

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 17
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

I'm just starting my 16th month; my cl started at 700. And you could have been talking to anyone when you asked that the first time. Don't try and hold me responsible for your ambiguity.

Go back and read the thread... my response was the 2nd response... BEFORE YOURS.   It was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that I was talking to the OP... just like the 1st responder who was obviously also talking to the OP.

It was REALLY obvious I wasn't talking to you. On top of that YOU QUOTED ME AND MY QUESTION TO THE OP WITH A QUESTION OF YOUR OWN FOR THE OP!

Just because I didn't quote the OP doesn't give you the right to put words in my mouth.

Ambiguity?  Seriously?  You quote my question with your own question and then tell me I could have been talking to anyone?  Really?

Don't try and hold me responsible for your ignorance.

Message 9 of 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Go back and read the thread... my response was the 2nd response... BEFORE YOURS.   It was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that I was talking to the OP... just like the 1st responder who was obviously also talking to the OP.

It was REALLY obvious I wasn't talking to you. On top of that YOU QUOTED ME AND MY QUESTION TO THE OP WITH A QUESTION OF YOUR OWN FOR THE OP!

Just because I didn't quote the OP doesn't give you the right to put words in my mouth.

Ambiguity?  Seriously?  You quote my question with your own question and then tell me I could have been talking to anyone?  Really?

Don't try and hold me responsible for your ignorance.

my ignorance? Smiley LOL I don't deny my ignorance, I embrace it and try to replace it with knowledge. Your insults don't hurt my feelings--they just show a little something about your character. I am a little curious as to what words I put into your mouth though--probably best for pm. Feel free.

My Wallet:
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.