cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Walmart Discover upgrade offer last?

tag
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Re: How long does Walmart Discover upgrade offer last?

@Swapmeet wrote:

my ignorance? Smiley LOL I don't deny my ignorance, I embrace it and try to replace it with knowledge. Your insults don't hurt my feelings--they just show a little something about your character. I am a little curious as to what words I put into your mouth though--probably best for pm. Feel free.

I don't deny I get angry when I am insulted for no reason over the internet.  Read before you post?

Good day.

Message 11 of 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I will admit that I thought you were talking to me when you weren't and I didn't go back and read before I posted. And I apologize for that, but I didn't insult you--you began the ad hominem line.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 17
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@TRC2k13 wrote:

How long have you had your WM account?

Not only that, but where did you see that you had an upgrade offer, under offers? Or what?

Sorry for the late reply.  To reply to both of you, I opened the account on March 1st of last year, so it was almost exactly at my 1 year anniversary that I got the offer.  I currently have an $1100 balance on the card under a 2-year 0% APR promo.  I've been carrying a balance on the card since November.  The card was opened with a $400 CL.  I received an auto-CLI to $900 in June, a luv-button CLI to $1600 in October, and another luv-button CLI to $2300 last month.  When I logged in to account services, I was redirected to a full page giving the details of the offer.  Now when I log in the page isn't there, but under the "Offers" menu, beneath "Special Offers," it now has a link for "Upgrade Card."

FICO Scores 800+
Message 13 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I am unlocking this thread and will closely monitor responses.  

I encourage everyone to be respectful and supportive in their comments. 

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 14 of 17
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@TRC2k13 wrote:

How long have you had your WM account?

Not only that, but where did you see that you had an upgrade offer, under offers? Or what?

Sorry for the late reply.  To reply to both of you, I opened the account on March 1st of last year, so it was almost exactly at my 1 year anniversary that I got the offer.  I currently have an $1100 balance on the card under a 2-year 0% APR promo.  I've been carrying a balance on the card since November.  The card was opened with a $400 CL.  I received an auto-CLI to $900 in June, a luv-button CLI to $1600 in October, and another luv-button CLI to $2300 last month.  When I logged in to account services, I was redirected to a full page giving the details of the offer.  Now when I log in the page isn't there, but under the "Offers" menu, beneath "Special Offers," it now has a link for "Upgrade Card."

Thanks for the info!  Was just looking for the timeframe so I know when I could possibly expect to see an upgrade on my account.

Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Delna
Established Member

I received the upgrade offer several months ago and declined it. It now appears under the "Offers" tab under "Upgrade". I'm not sure if it will be retracted at some point in the future but as I said it's been there for the last few months now.

Message 16 of 17
madmann26
Valued Contributor

As for the answer,

It IS a new TL. Once you activate the Discover WM card, your WM store card is deactivated.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.