cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

tag
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

It's almost been 2 weeks (I actually applied around midnight Thanksgiving day PST...lol).  I know they said 7-10 BUSINESS days but...Citi and Discover said something similar but I got them in like 2-3 business days.  I have been waiting in agony for my AMEX BCE to arrive...I literally can't wait to check my mail.  I got the approval letter by mail last Monday but all they said was my card will be arriving separately and "soon"..  Anyone else have any experiences to share regarding AMEX and their timely card arrivals? Smiley Happy

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Omri
New Contributor

Re: How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

My fiancee apped for AmEx Blue Sky and it took them around 2 weeks from the day she applied to the day she got it (of course, part of that 2 weeks was Thanksgiving weekend, so that probably cut into the # of business days a bit). Hope you get yours soon!

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 2 of 45
JoeRo
Valued Member

I'm waiting on mine too. Approved last Wednesday. Hoping to get it this week.
Message 3 of 45
HiLine
Blogger

It took me 9 days. Amex is known to take their time to issue credit cards upon approval: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Delta-so-slow/td-p/1717390

Message 4 of 45
distantarray
Established Contributor

depends what card you get approved for, I hear Amex Black is next day Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 45
DailyDriver
Valued Member

In my Amex Hilton HHonors approval email it said they expidited my card and I would recieve it in 2-3 days.  Ended up receiving it the next day (back in October).

Citi Forward $6K l Citi Double Cash $7K l Chase Sapphire Preferred $10.3K l Discover IT $12K l Chase Freedom $5K l Chase United 10k l Chase Slate 7.2k l Amex Hilton HHonors $12.1K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 16.6K l Barclay US Airways World Mastercard $8K
Message 6 of 45
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

It depends. For many cards like the Delta and the BCE, I have read it takes about 7-10 business days. On charge and higher end cards, they probably expedite for you. At least AMEX expidited mine rather quickly...lol. I never asked them to do so either, but It was nice of them to do so. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 7 of 45
Yankeefan
Valued Member

I was approved for BCE on a Friday morning.  Card arrived the following Thursday. 

Message 8 of 45
chnceit
Valued Contributor

It really depends on the type of card like my Blue for my Biz I got it in two days.

My Green I got it in 7 days.

Now reading this thread it looks like it depends whos making the card LOL.

First they need to see if they have the correct plastic in stock.LOL

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 45
distantarray
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
It really depends on the type of card like my Blue for my Biz I got it in two days.

My Green I got it in 7 days.

Now reading this thread it looks like it depends whos making the card LOL.

First they need to see if they have the correct plastic in stock.LOL

I'm pretty sure it's more based on the annual fee is a good rule of thumb Smiley Happy

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.