cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

tag
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

@bluesnowman wrote:

Sak, that's really strange it has come yet. I get ancy if the card isnt here in a week, there losing out on more money for themselves the longer they take. Or you can call and ask to see what's taking so long. I'm glad AMEX decided to Expedite my PRG, I would have gone nuts if they had taken nearly 3 weeks. I can understand a week, but almost 3 weeks? something is definitely going on. 

You applied after me and got your card before me, lol.  I'd call and ask, but I'm on business day 9 of the "7-10 business day" threshold.  I'm sure it will come soon, I just don't want to call and have them expedite a replacement card that might arrive the same day as my original card, you know?  How are you liking your PRG btw?

K sweet, I'll get my APR with my card.  I found out my credit limit online on my account, they matched my highest limit.  The 61day CLI is 61 days from approval (or when AMEX created your account...I was approved 11/22 but online says member since 11/26), not activation, right?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 31 of 45
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

From the activation day to be safe.

10 15 days wont kill u.

Only denied would be a disaster.......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 32 of 45
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

LOL,  I guess charge cards get special treatment...lol. And I got the same message for the 7-10 days then found out that they were going to expidite for me. And I hear ya, but 3 weeks is quite long for a CC to come. I havent been able to use my PRG much. They cut off the statement on the 7th, so after tomorrow I'm going to start using it more often. The card is nice and shiny and it draws some attention..lol, and it really is going to be used for travel or shopping and or expensive stuff that I'll be able to pay off. And yes the CLI is 61 days after you become a member (Like if I applied May 15th, I'd wait till July 16th to ask for a CLI). Whats your limit?

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 33 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

From the activation day to be safe.

10 15 days wont kill u.

Only denied would be a disaster.......

K.  Yeah I suppose 10-15 days won't kill me.  I don't exactly need the 3x CLI, but it'd be great for my overall utilization in the future.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 34 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

LOL,  I guess charge cards get special treatment...lol. And I got the same message for the 7-10 days then found out that they were going to expidite for me. And I hear ya, but 3 weeks is quite long for a CC to come. I havent been able to use my PRG much. They cut off the statement on the 7th, so after tomorrow I'm going to start using it more often. The card is nice and shiny and it draws some attention..lol, and it really is going to be used for travel or shopping and or expensive stuff that I'll be able to pay off. And yes the CLI is 61 days after you become a member (Like if I applied May 15th, I'd wait till July 16th to ask for a CLI). Whats your limit?

My limit is $3,300.  Do you think you spend enough for the $175 annual fee?  I read that a lot of people have downgraded their PRG to the Gold.

Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took about 10 calendar days for my first card to be issued.

When I got a card re-issued, however, it was in my hand < 48 hours after making the call.  Customer service!

Message 36 of 45
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Just over a week for Delta & Zync

Message 37 of 45
bmd0224
New Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

It's almost been 2 weeks (I actually applied around midnight Thanksgiving day PST...lol).  I know they said 7-10 BUSINESS days but...Citi and Discover said something similar but I got them in like 2-3 business days.  I have been waiting in agony for my AMEX BCE to arrive...I literally can't wait to check my mail.  I got the approval letter by mail last Monday but all they said was my card will be arriving separately and "soon"..  Anyone else have any experiences to share regarding AMEX and their timely card arrivals? Smiley Happy

My first Amex took around 7 business days. Then when I got approved for the Premier Rewards Gold Card it came 2 day via UPS in a gold box! Also my Amex Hilton Honors card came 2 day express via UPS as well. 

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 38 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

So I got an email from AMEX today saying my "replacement card is on its way"...but I didn't even request a replacement card yet, what the heck?  So I guess if my original one comes today I can't use it, since they changed my card number too...

This is weird.  The email said that I requested a new card citing "card not received" as the reason.  I WAS going to do that tomorrow if my card still didn't come, but I definitely didn't request it yesterday or today.  I did ask Amex on twitter if it was normal for a card to take two weeks to arrive.  I did not tweet my account details, but my twitter account has my name on it, so maybe they just checked it for me that way?  Idk...I can't call customer service right now because I'm at work.

Message 39 of 45
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

That's not a bad inital starting limit. And I primarily got the cards for the benefits as well as spending on more expensive things. And I am hoping to be able to spend enough to justify, but most likely if I am not able to justify, then I'll go down to the regular gold or even the green. I am hoping to go for the BCE in May/June, so if it is approved then it will become my primary card while the PRG, I don't know yet if I'm going to keep it or downgrade, I shall see. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.