Frequent Contributor
sakhalin070

How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

[ Edited ]

It's almost been 2 weeks (I actually applied around midnight Thanksgiving day PST...lol).  I know they said 7-10 BUSINESS days but...Citi and Discover said something similar but I got them in like 2-3 business days.  I have been waiting in agony for my AMEX BCE to arrive...I literally can't wait to check my mail.  I got the approval letter by mail last Monday but all they said was my card will be arriving separately and "soon"..  Anyone else have any experiences to share regarding AMEX and their timely card arrivals? :smileyhappy:

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards

FICO: TU 781 EX 776 Last App: November 2012
New Contributor
Omri

Re: How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

My fiancee apped for AmEx Blue Sky and it took them around 2 weeks from the day she applied to the day she got it (of course, part of that 2 weeks was Thanksgiving weekend, so that probably cut into the # of business days a bit). Hope you get yours soon!

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Established Member
JoeRo

I'm waiting on mine too. Approved last Wednesday. Hoping to get it this week.
Blogger
HiLine

It took me 9 days. Amex is known to take their time to issue credit cards upon approval: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Delta-so-slow/td-p/1717390

Established Contributor
distantarray

depends what card you get approved for, I hear Amex Black is next day :smileywink:

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Member
DailyDriver

In my Amex Hilton HHonors approval email it said they expidited my card and I would recieve it in 2-3 days.  Ended up receiving it the next day (back in October).

Citi Forward $6K l Citi Dividend World Mastercard $7.5K l Discover More $8K l Chase Freedom $4K l Amex Hilton HHonors $3.4K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 10K
Frequent Contributor
bluesnowman

It depends. For many cards like the Delta and the BCE, I have read it takes about 7-10 business days. On charge and higher end cards, they probably expedite for you. At least AMEX expidited mine rather quickly...lol. I never asked them to do so either, but It was nice of them to do so. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.-1,000. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13), Citi: Forward- 3k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP). Discover: More- 2k. 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14). Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 2.4k. Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-4k.12/8/13. Last App: 1/8/14.
Valued Member
Yankeefan

I was approved for BCE on a Friday morning.  Card arrived the following Thursday. 

Valued Contributor
chnceit

It really depends on the type of card like my Blue for my Biz I got it in two days.

My Green I got it in 7 days.

Now reading this thread it looks like it depends whos making the card LOL.

First they need to see if they have the correct plastic in stock.LOL

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Contributor
distantarray

chnceit wrote:
It really depends on the type of card like my Blue for my Biz I got it in two days.

My Green I got it in 7 days.

Now reading this thread it looks like it depends whos making the card LOL.

First they need to see if they have the correct plastic in stock.LOL

I'm pretty sure it's more based on the annual fee is a good rule of thumb :smileyhappy:

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+