cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Amex to correct MSD?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

How long does it take for Amex to correct MSD?

I got my Amex cards yesterday, and they both show an MSD of 2014.  When I set up my account online, it shows an MSD of 2010.  The correct MSD is 2003.  I called them and they said they're sending out new cards and are updating their records to reflect the correct date.  To anyone who has had to do this, how long was it before your correct MSD showed up online?

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long does it take for Amex to correct MSD?

In my case it was the next day. The rep I talked to said it could take 2-3 days to be shown online.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 2 of 5
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

I think they told me 24 hours, but I started the chat online to request the change at about 11:30 am, and it took affect by 3 pm.
TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 3 of 5
dilettante
Established Contributor

I called in to have DH's MSD changed to 1997 on the Plat (he's an AU), showed new date online next day, received updated card the day after.

Message 4 of 5
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info all. I actually just got email notifications saying the new cards were being sent out, so I logged in and the MSD now shows as 2003. Smiley Happy

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.