cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Bonus Spending MR points to post?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for Bonus Spending MR points to post?

So I signed up for the fantastic Amex PRG 50k offer that was posted here yesterday. There is currently a 40% bonus for transferring these points to BA which would be hugely valuable to me. So here is my question: Say I go and make a purchase to meet minimum spend tomorrow. Will the points post before January 31st considering that my first statement isn't until February 17th? Looking for info from people who have gotten MR point bonuses before. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does it take for Bonus Spending MR points to post?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I signed up for the fantastic Amex PRG 50k offer that was posted here yesterday. There is currently a 40% bonus for transferring these points to BA which would be hugely valuable to me. So here is my question: Say I go and make a purchase to meet minimum spend tomorrow. Will the points post before January 31st considering that my first statement isn't until February 17th? Looking for info from people who have gotten MR point bonuses before. 

Thanks! 

My November points haven't posted yet, so I'm going to say say it's at least a good month before you'll see it.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! 

My November points haven't posted yet, so I'm going to say say it's at least a good month before you'll see it.

Crap. Ok thanks

Message 3 of 9
core
Valued Contributor

My Gold card signup bonus a few months ago showed up on the very same statement in which I met the spend requirement.  So you may get it by Feb 17.  My statement didn't show me the exact date that the points were added to my account but I wouldn't expect them to appear in the middle of a cycle.

Message 4 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

After the first statement cut they were in my "pending points". it took a couple weeks after they went to pending to post.

I met my spend the day after I recieved the card

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With both my AMEX Everyday and Business Rewards Gold they posted the spending bonus MR points about 20 days after the statement cut in which I met the minimum spend requirement. So I didn't have to wait until the next statement cut like I do with my normal spend MR points. Normally I earn MR points during a month, statement cuts, then I have to wait until the following statement to actually receive the points. The minimum spend bonus was approximately two weeks faster. Sorry if that seems confusing, I can't come up with a better explanation of how it came about. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay off your balance, call them or use chat and they will credit the points right away. I did this with 100k.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

my points post  rather quickly within one statement.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Within a statement after meeting spend for me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.