Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Chase/First USA to process application

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How long does it take for Chase/First USA to process application

I could not resist. I applied for StarBucks Visa Credit card with Chase online today. I have received 30 day message. They pulled my TU which is around 700. How long do you think it will take for Chase to approve or decline my application? What is the average processing time for Chase for those who got 30 day message?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for Chase/First USA to process application

We dedicate the name to our "Center" after you and you do this????? Smiley Happy

Call the back door # for Chase and try to have them approve your application over the phone!
Message 2 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I could not resist the temptation of White Chocloate Mocha at Starbucks. Too much craving for it. I travel quite a bit for my business and Starbucks have become my new found friend when I am on the road. I always do PIF, though my credit limits are close to $48K I do PIF and my out standing util is less than $200-300. I think I deserve the Starbucks card. Hope I'll get it.
Message 3 of 15
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Actually it's close to three weeks for Chase. They are very slow.

I'm waiting on a National Parks Visa from them right now.

I don't need another card from Chase just want to change to a card that gives back to the National Parks.

They wouldn't let me product change from my Freedom but said if I apply and am approved I can cancel the Freedom and transfer differential of CL over. And if I'm declined I can recon under the condition I'll close the Freedom at the same time.

It's been two weeks and a couple of phone calls but it is still under review. The CSR said it normally takes about 20-30 days.

Jax

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 07-23-2008 03:36 PM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 15
emoticon
Valued Member

I have no idea what the average processing time is, but it took them 21 days to process my app.  It was torture.  I called every day, too.  They pulled EQ June 17, EX July 24, and EQ AGAIN on July 10.  They gave me a low $5k CL.  When I received my card, I spoke with a CSR to get a CLI, was denied; spoke with two more analysts and finally got it bumped to $15k.  Their software was denying me the CLI and they manually over-rode it.  The point is they can take forever, longer than anyone else I've ever dealt with.  Good luck!

On a side-note:  First post here.  Hello everyone!  :-D

Message Edited by emoticon on 07-23-2008 06:39 PM
*US Bank Signature Visa $25,000; *Chase Flexible Rewards Visa Signature $20,000; *BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX $17,500; *Citi Platinum Select MC $13,000; *Discover More $12,000; *PenFed Visa Gold $10,000; *Home Depot $2,200
Message 5 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Chase is a funny issuer. They might know right now but in most cases they will make you sweat the 3 weeks. Gotta luv 'em. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@emoticon wrote:

I have no idea what the average processing time is, but it took them 21 days to process my app. It was torture. I called every day, too. They pulled EQ June 17, EX July 24, and EQ AGAIN on July 10. They gave me a low $5k CL. When I received my card, I spoke with a CSR to get a CLI, was denied; spoke with two more analysts and finally got it bumped to $15k. Their software was denying me the CLI and they manually over-rode it. The point is they can take forever, longer than anyone else I've ever dealt with. Good luck!

On a side-note: First post here. Hello everyone! :-D

Hello back atcha!

I guess I need to stop complaining about Chase. It took a little over a week before I found out. For the first four days that I called, they denied all knowledge of the application, despite the fact that I saw the hard inq on the day of application on my reports. They finally admitted that they knew that I really had applied, but they wouldn't tell me anything. On around day 8 or maybe a couple of days later, they grudgingly admitted that I'd been approved. It was a good long wait after that before the card came.

But once I had what I needed, they've been great! Good website, easy to find what I need, prompt crediting of payments. Maybe they feel that only the tough should survive to get a Chase card, sort of like surviving the three Chase questions of death.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the back door number the next day and was approved during the call. I think my message may have said 7-10 days though. I don't remember it being 30, but still, just call.  I honestly think if I had not called it would have been a decline.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 07-23-2008 08:13 PM
Message 8 of 15
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

concord, my chase app pended for 24 long days until finally approved! I even called the back door # and they said still pending. Plan on waiting a while for your answerSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

please expect up to 30 days  when they say 30 days they mean it! literally but u can call the app number and it will give u an update and u can speak to a CSr and they might be able to give u info after possibly a week!@ GL and im sure u got it with a freakin 700 score lol thts good just hold on i have a BP my score ws 682 at the time
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.