Established Member
Givemesomecredit

Re: How long does it take for Chase/First USA to process application

I had the same experience as UpUpUp. I called the backdoor number the next day and was told I was declined. She went over my app, pulled a 2nd report and approved me for a credit line that matched my other credit lines.

I guess YMMV.....but it never hurts to call and in fact, it may even help, as it did in my situation.
Regular Contributor
sammyfire2001

I was just approved for a chase platinum card. I called to ask about my debit card and the CSR told me that afterwards I had been preapproved for a 2500 CL platinum card. I applied in the morning and when I checked the status that night I had already been approved!
As of Jan 2009: EX - 659 EQ - 666 TU - 681

As of 2/13/09: EX - 648 (My last EX Fico)
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

It took them about 2 weeks to get to me after I had forgotten to call them after applying and getting the 30 day message.
Here we go again...
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Just checked my Chase Account page to monitor all my CC's. (I do it daily before work to make sure I'm either PIF or need to make a payment).

There was a new acct on my Chase Page !!!!!

I guess I was approved for the National Parks Visa w/ a CL of 3500.

My inq on TU was on 7/13, today being the 24th, makes it an 11 day wait.

11 days.

Now to see if they'll transfer the 5500cl from my Freedom over to the new card and close it out. I don't need another card and a cl of 9000 on the NPV would be sweet.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

jaxstraw wrote:
Just checked my Chase Account page to monitor all my CC's. (I do it daily before work to make sure I'm either PIF or need to make a payment).

There was a new acct on my Chase Page !!!!!

I guess I was approved for the National Parks Visa w/ a CL of 3500.

My inq on TU was on 7/13, today being the 24th, makes it an 11 day wait.

11 days.

Now to see if they'll transfer the 5500cl from my Freedom over to the new card and close it out. I don't need another card and a cl of 9000 on the NPV would be sweet.

Jax

Congrats jax!
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}