Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Chase card to appear

tag
JKXX
New Contributor

Re: How long does it take for Chase card to appear

Like a week old. Hadn't activated it yet or anything like that. Was out of town so hadn't looked at it yet.
Last Inq: 10/24/14. EQ: 770 (10-02-13), TU08: 797 (10-27-14), EX: ??
Chase Ink $18,500 | REI Visa $17,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Discover IT $10,000 | Sallie Mae $10,000 | Amex BCE $9,000 | BOA 123 $7,500 | US Bank Cash+ $7,000 | Wells Fargo Rewards $4,900 | Walmart Discover $6,500 | Chase Amazon $1,000
Message 11 of 27
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Today I just called in to reallocate limit from one card to open a United card. Was told minimum line required was 2k; decided to move 3 k over. After the ordeal I was told I'd have to call during the week to answer some security questions to finalize the move / opening of the card. Any one know if I I don't call in whether or not they will still open the new card / move the credit line?

Message 12 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Today I just called in to reallocate limit from one card to open a United card. Was told minimum line required was 2k; decided to move 3 k over. After the ordeal I was told I'd have to call during the week to answer some security questions to finalize the move / opening of the card. Any one know if I I don't call in whether or not they will still open the new card / move the credit line?

They won't move/reallocate until you contact them.  They may have "pended" the final request until you authenticate those details.  I would call them just to be on the safe side.

Message 13 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

oh i called in today just to be curious and they said it was pending and so even though the other analyst i spoke to yesterday approved it , it still takes 72 hours for the approval to go thru the system so it would show as approved. thanks

Message 14 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ThriftySaver wrote:

oh i called in today just to be curious and they said it was pending and so even though the other analyst i spoke to yesterday approved it , it still takes 72 hours for the approval to go thru the system so it would show as approved. thanks

Exactly.  Until that pending status is released, then that's when it is expected to display on your Chase.com profile.

Message 15 of 27
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@JasonKR wrote:

Mine was instant, had Amazon reward card. applied for Freedom, got instatnly approved, saw Freedom in my account right away

Similar thing here. I apped for Chase Freedom last week, asked to move the CL from my Chase Amazon to the Freedom and it was done and visible online in 5 minutes.

Still don't see the Freedom acct online, but saw everything that effected the Amazon acct.

Message 16 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

The Marriott card took 3 days to appear online...the CL transfer of 1K to Freedom was instant Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 27
HaroldandKumar

I applied for my freedom (and was approved) around noon on a saturday. When I got home at 9 I checked my account and it was up. I think that it's pretty much instant for the simple stuff

Message 18 of 27
YanYan

App'd the Chase AARP and called to enquire status after 7-10 day message. Analyst approved it and within the 3 minutes it took to thank him and log into my account the card was showing.
Message 19 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@YanYan wrote:
App'd the Chase AARP and called to enquire status after 7-10 day message. Analyst approved it and within the 3 minutes it took to thank him and log into my account the card was showing.

The topic was mainly addressing a CL reallocation from another Chase donor card after approval, not so much with just a straight approval and displayng online.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.