Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Chase card to appear

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does it take for Chase card to appear

Chase usually takes a lot longer compare to Barclays. Man, Barclays is super fast! Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 27
YanYan

There seem to be a couple of others who also chimed in with straight approvals. But thanks for trying to keep things in line.
Message 22 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Hi finstar do you mena 24 - 72 regular hours or business hours? Still no update on this end and when I call automated system still says application in review. Already tuesday morning. Thanks

Message 23 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ThriftySaver wrote:

Hi finstar do you mena 24 - 72 regular hours or business hours? Still no update on this end and when I call automated system still says application in review. Already tuesday morning. Thanks

It should be standard hours.  If the hold up is with their portfolio risk review group then maybe it may take a bit longer?  Just check later today and see if they can provide more insight.  It usually wouldn't take this long but stranger things have happened before.

Message 24 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

oh it finally appeared online today. Thanks for your help guys.

Oh one last quesiton, I recently applied for a Neiman Marcus card and got declined. and this will count as a hard inquiry do you think this credit card rejection may cause chase to evaluate my credit profile and close my accounts or any other banks? I heard that banks sometimes will do random soft pulls on credit profiles to see if there are too many hard pulls and if there is they will close the account?

Message 25 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ThriftySaver wrote:

oh it finally appeared online today. Thanks for your help guys.

Oh one last quesiton, I recently applied for a Neiman Marcus card and got declined. and this will count as a hard inquiry do you think this credit card rejection may cause chase to evaluate my credit profile and close my accounts or any other banks? I heard that banks sometimes will do random soft pulls on credit profiles to see if there are too many hard pulls and if there is they will close the account?

Glad to hear it finally displayed on your profile.  See, sometimes things just kind of work themselves out eventually.

As far as Chase and inquiries in general, not so much.  There's a variety of risky behaviors that lenders are keen for taking notice.  Of course, if you suddenly decide to go on an application binge and gain an excessive number of inquiries, then they will take notice, but so would other lenders.

It's mainly a shift in behavior, such as signs of overextension (opening up too many accounts in a short period) or utlization changes (incremental balances in proportion to CLs), CS erosion, and the list goes on.  The finicky ones seem to be Barclays (to some extent), FNBO, WF, Cabelas, Commerce, SunTrust, etc. 

Message 26 of 27
Pworld
Regular Contributor

I suprisingly saw my Chase Hyatt online yesterday when i signed in. Called to see when it was approved.....Yesterday. 

So im  assuming as well it appears the day of. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.