cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a CC payoff to show on your Fico Report?

tag
Tuffcookie
New Visitor

How long does it take for a CC payoff to show on your Fico Report?

I'm new here and just checked my Fico scores.  They are good (750-747) but I recently paid off one credit card that had a very high balance.  I will be looking into getting a new car soon.  . (well, a used car but new to me! Smiley Happy)  The CC pay off occurred 2 weeks ago and it still isn't showing today.  How long should it take to show up?  How much higher can I expect my Fico score to improve?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: How long does it take for a CC payoff to show on your Fico Report?

Welcome to the forum 

probably the following month in most cases

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Tell me about it! I paid off my auto loan was Chase on March 7th and I'm still waiting for the update! ESP since my 'usual' statement date would have been the 17th. 😤
Message 3 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Most CC will report after the closing date.    It usually takes a few days more for it show up. 

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ Wolf3

Exactly! Which is why I'm so irritated. My statement closed 10 days ago.
Message 5 of 8
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

The answer to your question is it varies greatly. The balance that is reported to the CRAs is the same one that you see on your monthly statement. To assure the quickest reporting of your balance I would recommend having a non zero balance. Sometimes cc companies will skip reporting with a zero balance. I suspect that they do that to save a few pennies with accounts that are "inactive". If it hasn't reported a few days after the statement date then it is likely that it won't report for another monthly cycle. So if your cc is at zero now buy a cup of coffee with it. If you provide us with more specifics we can provide you with a more specific answer...

Message 6 of 8
sosabe77
Contributor

Usually statement closing date.  But I've seen cases on my own report where new information wasn't reported for up to 2 stetement cycles.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

If you are looking at Transunion, they are incredibly slow at updating. It still shows my February statement close amount on my Barclays while the other two updated shortly after the March statement closed.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.