cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for credit report to update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for credit report to update?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forums and just had a question about when I can expect my credit reports to update. I made payments to my Discover and Capital One cards on 9/17 and they still haven't updated on any of my reports.  Then on 9/29 I decided to pay off all my credit cards in full so I have no more credit card debt. I made my payments to Capital One/Citi/Discover/Alliant CU/HSBC(Best buy card).

Another question, I also paid off another HSBC Card on 9/3 and it still hasn't updated on my report, does it typically take a month or two to update? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How long does it take for credit report to update?

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Did you make your payments before or after the statement dropped? If you waited until the statement dropped and then paid, you won't see the results until the next statement cycle, with the exception of your HSBC bank card (see below.)

Discover should update the night that your statement drops.

HSBC reports the balance as of the last business day of the month (not the statement balance), but they don't send it in until the first or second week of the following month.

There are several threads here complaining that Cap One isn't reporting, especially new cards.

Once the info goes into the bureaus, you then have to wait for them to post the new numbers. Experian usually does it that night or the next day. Equifax and TransUnion take anyway from 3-4 days to up to 2 weeks to post.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for credit report to update?

Thanks for the response.  I think most of the payments were made after the statement dropped, so I guess I'll wait a month before all of it will hit.  My hopes are to apply for the AMEX Zync next month.

My EQ FICO is 695 and TU is 675, I had around 39% util before I paid off all the credit card balances, around 5k or so. So I'm hoping that will bump up my score, so I'll wait until that happens to apply Smiley Happy Feels nice not to have any credit card debt.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.