cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to have CC's hit your reports? Your experience?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

How long does it take to have CC's hit your reports? Your experience?

I got a Nordstrom store card in mid Sept and the day I rec'd it, EX had it listed; TU and EQ do not have tradeline as of yet..I have not had a billing cycle yet either...

I got in the mail yesterday a Target Visa - no one has it listed (check real time reports daily).

In August, I was added as AU to Bofa account - TU and eX picked it up within four to six weeks, but nothing on EQ...

Just wondering b/c I want to time auto loan and want one more Visa card that will pull EX and want to do the timing just right...

any advice or input is always appreciated!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DI
Super Contributor

Re: How long does it take to have CC's hit your reports? Your experience?

The majority of banks report the tradeline within a week.  Other banks report the tradeline after the 1st or 2nd statement generates.
Message 2 of 12
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

HI DI - love your new avatar...

so it would take a "billing cycle" to get posted then. So in theory if I don't use the Target Visa, I won't get a bill, and it could take longer for the bureaus to add it?

Message 3 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Most CC's are going to report after the first statement is cut. A few, like my Macy's Visa, did not report until the second statement was cut. I think this was because the first statement only included just a few days. Some eager beavers, like Discover report the account as soon as it is opened. This is more the exception than the rule.

As far as the CRB updating is concerned - that is a different matter altogether. You've got the right idea - it is EX ->-> TU ->->->-> EQ. EQ can be very slow. I would say that if something you expect to see has not appeared by 10 days after the close of the second statement there is some kind of a problem that might require action.

Message 4 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

HI DI - love your new avatar...

so it would take a "billing cycle" to get posted then. So in theory if I don't use the Target Visa, I won't get a bill, and it could take longer for the bureaus to add it?

Thanks!  A bill would generate regardless  if you use the card.  A balance of $0 would be reported. 

Message 5 of 12
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks DI and CWCID - for the information.

I guess it's a wait and see what happens.

I really wanted EQ to pick up BOFA AU would help out my utilization - I guess also there is a possibility that BOFA doesn't report to EQ...

Message 6 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Thanks DI and CWCID - for the information.

I guess it's a wait and see what happens.

I really wanted EQ to pick up BOFA AU would help out my utilization - I guess also there is a possibility that BOFA doesn't report to EQ...

Finally all my new accounts are reporting with all CRA's.  I wish my confirmation and report numbers would expire, so that I could no longer check my reports everyday.  Its become an addiction.  

Message 7 of 12
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

DI - it is an addiction. i get up at 6 am, pull the reports (real time) whilst drinking coffee. then before I got bed again just to see...then i repeat process daily.

maybe once i get the financing for the auto in place i won't be so concerned. alhtough i plan to never ever be late on any cards again...

Message 8 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

DI - it is an addiction. i get up at 6 am, pull the reports (real time) whilst drinking coffee. then before I got bed again just to see...then i repeat process daily.

maybe once i get the financing for the auto in place i won't be so concerned. alhtough i plan to never ever be late on any cards again...

I was doing that when I worked on getting all my baddies deleted.  My summer months went by quick while cleaning up my credit.    I'm never ever going to be late again either.  I will never COSIGN for car loan again!! The constant writing, disputing, calling, and checking the mail daily is time consuming.  

It took about two months after my last baddie got deleted, before my mind started to ease away from thinking about creditors and CRA's so much.  

Message 9 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

BofA definitely reports to EQ so it is only a matter of time. EQ can be a real problem - slow to add/fast to drop TL's. Very uncool.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.