cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does the BOA Product Change process take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does the BOA Product Change process take?

Asked to PC my Bank of America card, the rep submitted the request which I recieived an email titled case notification/open case. Apparently it has to be approved first. Did you guys go through a similar process? Or were you able to PC your account immediately? I been hearing mixed stories. 

For those of you that PC, how long did the process take you? I've heard 4-8 weeks from others, and even the rep said it may take 2 weeks for it to be approved and another 2 weeks for the card to be sent. Wonder how normal is this for BOA?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does the BOA Product Change process take?

@Anonymous wrote:

Asked to PC my Bank of America card, the rep submitted the request which I recieived an email titled case notification/open case. Apparently it has to be approved first. Did you guys go through a similar process? Or were you able to PC your account immediately? I been hearing mixed stories. 

For those of you that PC, how long did the process take you? I've heard 4-8 weeks from others, and even the rep said it may take 2 weeks for it to be approved and another 2 weeks for the card to be sent. Wonder how normal is this for BOA?

100% normal. The approval process does take about a week and it could take another 2-3 weeks to get the card in the mail. They will be able to update you when it is approved and then you will see it change online a couple weeks later. Not sure why it takes so long but that is just how it works with BoA.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got immed approval for a secured BOA card secured amount asked for was 99.00 and I have a 500.00 credit limit I did mine online.  The approval letter stated would be 7 to 10 days for card to arrive.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

I just recieved an email that my request case is now complete. I gave BOA a call, and the rep said yes the conversion is approved! it took only a couple of days after my request (under a week) for it to be approved, so hopefully this is a faster process than their normal pattern I been hearing. My account online hasn't been changed yet and the rep did say even though its approved its still gotta process and change over etc. I'm hoping everything will fully convert online this week, and crossing my fingers to recieve the new card as soon as possible! 

Just glad that I got an approval answer right away, and it wasn't something I had to wait for more than 2 weeks on that part at least. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did this. The first agent I spoke with made it sound like I was approved and it was shipping to me soon. After a week I called to see if it had even shipped yet. Then they said it was finally approved. I received about 2 weeks later. They would NOT expedite unless I paid $15. VERY slow service compared to others.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.