Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for AMEX to report to CR

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How long for AMEX to report to CR

Im just wondering how long it takes for a new Amex to show up on your CR. I haven't apped yet, but would like to know what to expect.

It seems to vary by CCC.

Thanks! Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: How long for AMEX to report to CR

@bichonmom wrote:
Im just wondering how long it takes for a new Amex to show up on your CR. I haven't apped yet, but would like to know what to expect.

It seems to vary by CCC.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

I've heard up to 60 days sometimes and 30 days sometimes.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 29
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

It's about a month or so after approval for the first statement to cut, then another week or so for it to report. At least that's what it was for me.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Same for me ~ I apped in early Nov, and the TL was reporting by late December, shortly after my first statement.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the post and replies!

Was approved for BCP a week ago and was wondering if there was enough time for backdating and so on before it reported. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 5 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Was approved for BCP a week ago and was wondering if there was enough time for backdating and so on before it reported. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the BCP! Is that a clear card from AMEX?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the replies! Since it takes a while for them to report to the CRAs, I guess it's safe to assume that if you can get backdating done, it would first report with the backdated date, instead of being updated later.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks for the replies! Since it takes a while for them to report to the CRAs, I guess it's safe to assume that if you can get backdating done, it would first report with the backdated date, instead of being updated later.

Did you get an AMEX yet bichon? If not, which one are you going for?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Congrats on the BCP! Is that a clear card from AMEX?

Not entirely certain what it looks like.

It's what I stepped out of the garden for 9 days ago, LOL! Basically, it'll help utilization and be back-dated to '96. Kind of did the math and really had to go for it at some point during the year so January made the most sense.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 9 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bichonmom wrote:

You are correct.   When your card does report, it will show a date opened of MM/YY where YY is your member since year ( backdated ) and MM is the month you opened the card.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.