Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for BoA secured approval?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long for BoA secured approval?

@-Cain- wrote:
Revelate, yes my card kept the same Trade Line/history. Unfortunately it also kept the $39 AF. I'll try and work on getting that removed later.

Thanks senor!  I'm OK with a $39 AF personally, that's a comparitively cheap tradeline in my strata for a good long while.

        
Message 11 of 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:
Revelate, yes my card kept the same Trade Line/history. Unfortunately it also kept the $39 AF. I'll try and work on getting that removed later.

Thanks senor!  I'm OK with a $39 AF personally, that's a comparitively cheap tradeline in my strata for a good long while.

Yeah, I agree. I believe there was a $59 version, glad I didn't get that one.
Message 12 of 18
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Received the card in the mail today!

Here's the timeline:

Saturday, June 2:  Apped for the card.

Tuesday, June 5:  Money was withdrawn from my checking account.

Friday, June 15:  New account (BoA Credit Card with CL) shows up on Credit Karma.

Monday, June 18: Received card in mail.

There was absolutely no communication from BoA during this process stating that I was approved. If I wasn't watching like a hawk I wouldn't have known I was approved until the card showed up in the mail. They pulled EX for me and I'm in FL.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 13 of 18
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Congrats!  You're gonna love that card.  I really dig mine.  I've already paid for the AF in less than 2 months with the rewards I've received.  Did you get the Cash Rewards version?

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 14 of 18
jamie123
Valued Contributor

No, I didn't.

Is it offered as a secured card?

Mine is just the plain Jane $500 secured card. I will start adding to the deposit shortly. I would like to have the deposit up to $2000 by the end of 2012. From what I've read on this forum I hope that will help me get a larger CL when it unsecures.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 15 of 18
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Ahh ok, I received mine through the 99/500 deal, maybe they do that differently.  But either way, very cool and glad it came through for ya!  From what I hear this card has potential to really grow with you over time.  Unlike my secured Cap1 Smiley Sad

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 16 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jamie123 wrote:

No, I didn't.

Mine is just the plain Jane $500 secured card. I will start adding to the deposit shortly. I would like to have the deposit up to $2000 by the end of 2012. From what I've read on this forum I hope that will help me get a larger CL when it unsecures.

It should re: CL; as for the rewards, there were a couple people this weekend who stated you could call in and ask for it on their secured cards.  I'm waiting for a few days for a check to clear and to airstrike the balance before calling in but it seemed legit as multiple people were reporting it.

        
Message 17 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

No, I didn't.

It should re: CL; as for the rewards, there were a couple people this weekend who stated you could call in and ask for it on their secured cards.  I'm waiting for a few days for a check to clear and to airstrike the balance before calling in but it seemed legit as multiple people were reporting it.

im curious to this myself please if you are able to add it please let us know

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.