cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for Shop Discover rewards to post?

tag
fastfire667

How long for Shop Discover rewards to post?

Hey all,

I was recently approved for the Discover More card. I am planning some big purchases in the near future through Walmart, and will be utilizing Shop Discover to get the 5% cashback on my purchases. A couple of questions:

1. It says up to 8 weeks for rewards to be posted to your account, I have researched and read that it is usually much sooner than that. Does anybody have experience specifically with Walmart.com purchases through Shop Discover? How long til your rewards were posted towards your account?

2. I have heard that discount stores (Walmart) do not count towards the $3000 limit needed to reach the 1% cashback tier on purchases, but Shop Discover purchases do qualify. Does this mean Shop Discover purchases through Walmart.com will qualify to help me reach that $3000 threshold or not?

Thanks for your input guys!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long for Shop Discover rewards to post?

The two times I received Shop Discover cashback it took about 3 or 4 days from the time of purchase for it to show up as pending in my account.

Message 2 of 8
fastfire667

Sweet! So then the rewards posted on your next statement I assume? Were either of those purchases at Walmart.com and did they count towards upgrading your purchases from the .25% to 1% level?

Message 3 of 8
andre181
Established Contributor

When I use ShopDiscover, I get an email the next day usually telling my how much cashback I earned for that transaction, and it always posts on the next statement.

That's just my experience.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 8
fastfire667

Hmm there seems to be lots of conflicting reports on the web of people not getting credited in a timely manner if at all for Shop Discover rewards. The reports on MyFico sound a bit different. I will post back this week with my experience.

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My experience with this reflects what the other posters have said. Within a few days of a purchase I receive an email telling me how much the cash back will be for any particular item.

And it's always been credited on my next statement.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so glad you asked this question.  I am a new Discover More cardholder and, I have been wondering how long it takes for the rewards points to show up because according to my account page on the Discover website there are NONE -- yet, there should be A LOT.  

Message 7 of 8
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@fastfire667 wrote:

Sweet! So then the rewards posted on your next statement I assume? Were either of those purchases at Walmart.com and did they count towards upgrading your purchases from the .25% to 1% level?

Yep. 3 or 4 days after buying the item I got an email detailing my cashback bonus and then on that statement along with all of my other cashback I got my bonus cashback.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.