cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for new CC to start reporting to 3 bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for new CC to start reporting to 3 bureaus?

Its been a couple weeks and no reporting as far as I know - no new accounts on Credit Karma. Is this normal? Do I need to wait until the statement cuts for the first time?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: How long for new CC to start reporting to 3 bureaus?

@Anonymous wrote:

Its been a couple weeks and no reporting as far as I know - no new accounts on Credit Karma. Is this normal? Do I need to wait until the statement cuts for the first time?

Most of the time for me it has been after the fisrt statement cuts.  For my Zync, it was after the second statement.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks! Just wanted to see if its normal since some ppl seem to be getting instant updates on their reports.

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Who is the creditor ??  Initial CRA reporting varies widely depending on who the creditor is.   Some will wait for 30 or 60 days, or longer before reporting a new account.   Some report almost as soon as a few days after approval.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi and Chase

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I don't know firsthand how long Citi or Chase will take to report, but I would think that it might be shortly after your first statment is generated.   

Others will probably report their experience....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.