cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for new Cap1 account to show up online?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for new Cap1 account to show up online?

Hey all, I recently applied for the Venture card and initially got the 7-10 day message.  I called on Monday and all the rep had to do was verify my address, I use a PMB at a UPS Store for my mailing address and it triggered something in the system.  Anyway after the address was good to go she told me I was approved for $15,000.  That definitely made my day since I figured the 7-10 day message meant three wasted hard pulls.

Anyway, my question is how long does it take a new Capital One account to show up online?  I already have a Quicksilver MC with Cap1 and I've yet to see the new Venture account.  It does still list my old Quicksilver One account I closed a while back.

Curious if anyone knows... Thanks btw!

Oz

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: How long for new Cap1 account to show up online?

I just opened a Venture and a Venture One for my ex and they were immediately in the online display.  Previously when I opened my accounts, you had to key in your card data and then link it to your online account.

Message 2 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

When I got approved, I had to wait for the physical card to come in to link it to my online account. When I tried linking it immediately after approval it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

AS far as your question how long to show up online. if you are asking that i will answer. but if you know it will take a few days for you to get the card that is fine. But back to quesiton. It does not show up online at all. until you link it. which means until you have your card in hand. Just go to your regular cap one account and in the settings where you ask for credit limit increase and other things. you will see where it says link account. click that. then it will ask for new card number. Simply put in your venture account number and your new account will be online. Just that easy. Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
ryox03
Regular Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
When I got approved, I had to wait for the physical card to come in to link it to my online account. When I tried linking it immediately after approval it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Wierd. Mine linked automatically. I wasn't signed in or anything when I applied... hmmm

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 5 of 9
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Now that I think about it, maybe it had my sign in after the instant approval, because it's been there since day of, and I don't even physically have the card yet.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Venture and Quicksilver appeared online immediately after approval. I didn't have to do a thing.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Venture and Quicksilver appeared online immediately after approval. I didn't have to do a thing.

I have a feeling if I was instantly approved it would have linked to my existing account.  I'm guessing since I got the 7-10 day review they don't know I already have an account and like others have said I'll have to wait for the card to arrive to link it.

Kinda a bummer since I was hoping to peak at what APR tier I'm in before the card arrives...

Oz

Message 8 of 9
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Mine showed up as soon as I set up online access with the physical card in hand.

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.