Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long has it been since you applied for a credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long has it been since you applied for a credit card

I have not applied for Credit since Feb, 2001.  Actually, it was not even a credit card but a membership to a Country Club who told me they always ran a credit check in processing for a new member.

I continue to maintain my four credit cards and use them. No, I have had no CLD's or Rate jacks. Yes, I still get solicited for Credit offers, including one last week from BOA which I spoke about in another thread on here.

Even if you dont apply, they still know you are there.Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last was early/mid July 2009... maybe the 12th. Apped Discover and was approved for 2.5K. Other than wanting to round out my collection, I apped because I wanted the tree frog card. Yes, I was seduced by a card's appearance :smileyvery-happy:But I don't regret the app and I'm done apping for a long time.
Message 22 of 28
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I closed on my new house on Thursday and patiently waited til Friday to app Lowes & Home Depot.  Was approved for both....really likin' HD!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 23 of 28
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
I closed on my new house on Thursday and patiently waited til Friday to app Lowes & Home Depot.  Was approved for both....really likin' HD!

Congrats on both your approvals!
Message 24 of 28
armymom
Regular Contributor

BofA secured card last October.  Looking ahead to PenFed, Amex, CitiAA and Home Depot.
Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 25 of 28
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

My last for the the next several years was July 2009 (Addison Avenue Visa).  That rounded out a spree of adding nine ccs to stock up during this banking era and to thin the herd as is necessary.

I fully expect to drop about 1/2 of the ccs that I currently have during the next two years and am targeting a home mortgage directly after that.

I could not have done so well without this forum's advice, support and great tips.  Even after the spree I was able to raise my scores on TU and EQ 8 and 18 points respectively to almost meet my FICO goals.  Not apping for another cc for a good while will fully get me to the goals.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 28
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

Congrats on both your approvals!

Thanks!  I plan to take good care of them!!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 27 of 28
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

Nearly two weeks... I applied for a Citi Forward (which somehow resulted in me getting two of them) and a Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards (which is winging its way to me in the mail...supposedly). Before that, I last applied in December of 2007 and got a Citi mtvU and a Discover More.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.