cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long have to wait before PC Cap One card?

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

How long have to wait before PC Cap One card?

Had a platinum pc to QS rewards. Have another platinum that was approved last month. How long do I have to wait before I try to pc that one too?

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long have to wait before PC Cap One card?

Usually at 6 months..

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 months (3 statements) for the new platinum you just applied for. 

Message 3 of 12
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You sure about that? I have been trying but they keep telling me there are no offers.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You sure about that? I am pretty sure the newer card has to have at least 6 statements post. Unless they changed the rule.

I know... Sometimes people make these posts as it is the internet you know.  I hope if OP gets confused, he/she can reach out to Capital One directly for confirmation.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally went from journey (a platinum visa) to QS in one month. Ymmv, just keep putting a lot of spend and pif and check offers. That's all you can really do. 

Message 6 of 12
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

I just did it last night within minutes of my second statement cutting.  Went to regular QS (not QS1)

Message 7 of 12
itsnew
Contributor

I was able to upgrade after 3 months
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
itsnew
Contributor

I went online through the chat function as stated in the forum and the asked and was upgraded . I'm sure it may due different for each person.

I have three cards with cap 1. Quick Silver 1500 and Quick Silver One 1500 and Cap One Plat 2000.
Still rebuilding but I'm following the advice of many in the forums and it has helped me tremendously
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You sure about that? I am pretty sure the newer card has to have at least 6 statements post. Unless they changed the rule.

I know... Sometimes people make these posts as it is the internet you know.  I hope if OP gets confused, he/she can reach out to Capital One directly for confirmation.

@From reading off here. I read the most where people say after 2-3 months to ask for a PC from Plat. to QS. I didmy PC a little before my 3rd month. I did my CLI increase @ exactly my 3rd statement.

So, YMMV honestly.

Heres a thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-Cap-One-offer-to-upgrade-after-2-months/td-p/4342351

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.