cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long it will take for CITI cards to report to a bureau?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long it will take for CITI cards to report to a bureau?

@satasat360 wrote:

+1 to Finstar, mine reported even before i received my card. So not activating may not help here.

Since my card is going to cut the statement tomorrow, I should go ahead and app for new cards tonight? 

More details/decisions and followups may go to this separate post at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Applying-multiple-cards-with-a-short-AAoA/t...

Message 11 of 19
satasat360
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@satasat360 wrote:

+1 to Finstar, mine reported even before i received my card. So not activating may not help here.

Since my card is going to cut the statement tomorrow, I should go ahead and app for new cards tonight? 

More details/decisions and followups may go to this separate post at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Applying-multiple-cards-with-a-short-AAoA/td-p/4401242

If you need new cards then go for it

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG, on my CITI credit card account page which I just activated shows :

"Minimum Amount Due on 01-13-2016 : $0"

So, decision, decision! Magic forum!

Mine was the same.  The statement will cut about 3 to 5 days later, and report to bureaus.  Love my new little card.  Hopes to be a double cash later.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't just decide based on that.  If you have a thin profile then new credit that your profile will safely support will be limited.  Your credit profile doesn't just matter for approvals.  Your creditors will routinely SP your reports so your profile always matters.

I'm not saying you're going to get yourself in trouble.  What little info you've provided makes it seem like you'd probably be fine adding another card or two but I can't guarantee that.  It's just a guess based on very little data.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the trigger yesterday. But got two 7-10 messages. Today, I found a denial from BofA, and I am not sure about Chase though. Let's move this discussion to this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Applying-multiple-cards-with-a-short-AAoA/t...

Thank you guys for the info.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

m oRe: How long it will take for CITI cards to report to a bureau?

From opening 4 Citi CC's between myself and my DW recently, their first statement cut varies a little. It's usually not too far from opening, but sometimes a few weeks. Sometimes it happens just a couple days after opening, before you even get the card.

It is accurate that they report right on the first statement cut. This could be a surprise for somebody spending aggressively to meet the sign up bonus, without a chance to PIF.

Their website indicates what these dates are, so that's nice. "Next Statement Closing Date" right when you click your account link.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: m oRe: How long it will take for CITI cards to report to a bureau?

^ sorry for the redundant reply, but I hope that information helps somebody in the future.

Message 17 of 19
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

My Citi cards took about a month report.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 18 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My citi card reported right away like within a week.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.