Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait for NFCU CLI

tag
bombshell
Established Member

How long should I wait for NFCU CLI

I have a thin file and NFCU approved me for 500.00 how long should i wait for a CLI ?

file age 12 months old as of nov 2014:Cap1 (a) secured: 500 Barclays 4250
American Airlines FCU: 7500 Cap1 (b): 500 Discover: 6500 AMEX Costco: 2000 AMEX BCE 2500 CHASE SAPPHIRE 5000 Total Rewards Visa 9300

12/14 FICO EQ 704 TU 723 EX 705
6/14 scores EQ 646 TU 739 EX 730
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kevans91

Re: How long should I wait for NFCU CLI

When I applied for my NFCU goRewards a couple moons ago, the representative that I was dealing with in my local branch told me it's best to wait 6 months for a CLI, 12 months for an APR decrease. Others on here seem to have reported success with CLI requests after 3 months, but with a thin file it would probably be best to wait out the six months and see what happens. That will give you a little while to establish a track record with them specifically.

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You have $3k from Barclay and Navy only gave you $500?

I would send a secure message online RIGHT NOW that says you are happy to begin building a relationship with them but very disappointed that they didn't at least match your Barclay limit... I wouldn't be surprised if they up it!

Message 3 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

+1
Message 4 of 7
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

@bombshell wrote:

I have a thin file and NFCU approved me for 500.00 how long should i wait for a CLI ?

Just be careful with them because they will hard pull you like crazy. 

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sdwalt wrote:

@bombshell wrote:

Just be careful with them because they will hard pull you like crazy. 

omg calm down... aint nobody hard pulling by sending a private message Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

(is monitoring hard pulls remotely as i type) meow

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.