diablo2man

How long should I wait to apply AMEX again after rejected?

Tried to apply for the starwood card a month ago but get rejected. After check my credit report, the worst part is my debt ratio ( almost 90% at that time). Now I paid back all the debt but don't know when it would reflect to my credit score. When should I try to apply for that card again? Thanks.

Valued Contributor
smc733

Re: How long should I wait to apply AMEX again after rejected?

I'd say 90 days.  You only need to wait 30 days between apps for Amex not to cancel any new apps, but give it time for it to post to your report and your FICO scores to reflect it.

New Contributor
thejollyroger

I was denied BlueSky then applied for Delta Gold a month and a half later and approved

Starting Score: 730
Current Score: 724
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
diablo2man

thejollyroger wrote:

I was denied BlueSky then applied for Delta Gold a month and a half later and approved

Why people like BlueSky? I own it for a year and find nothing special :smileyhappy:

diablo2man

smc733 wrote:

I'd say 90 days.  You only need to wait 30 days between apps for Amex not to cancel any new apps, but give it time for it to post to your report and your FICO scores to reflect it.

So it takes up to 90 days to update my empty balance?

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

There is a lot a variation in timing of reporting.  You could pull your report after 30 days and see.   Pull Experian, that is what AMEX checks first.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}