cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait to apply AMEX again after rejected?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should I wait to apply AMEX again after rejected?

Tried to apply for the starwood card a month ago but get rejected. After check my credit report, the worst part is my debt ratio ( almost 90% at that time). Now I paid back all the debt but don't know when it would reflect to my credit score. When should I try to apply for that card again? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: How long should I wait to apply AMEX again after rejected?

I'd say 90 days.  You only need to wait 30 days between apps for Amex not to cancel any new apps, but give it time for it to post to your report and your FICO scores to reflect it.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied BlueSky then applied for Delta Gold a month and a half later and approved

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied BlueSky then applied for Delta Gold a month and a half later and approved

Why people like BlueSky? I own it for a year and find nothing special Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

I'd say 90 days.  You only need to wait 30 days between apps for Amex not to cancel any new apps, but give it time for it to post to your report and your FICO scores to reflect it.

So it takes up to 90 days to update my empty balance?

Message 5 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

There is a lot a variation in timing of reporting.  You could pull your report after 30 days and see.   Pull Experian, that is what AMEX checks first.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.