cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait to ask for CLI???

tag
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

How long should I wait to ask for CLI???

I got my first real CLI from Cap 1 last month from $750 to $1250. Since I am feeling good about that I was wondering how long should I wait to ask for a CLI for my Macys card. I just got the card in February 09. SO should I wait 3 months or 6 months?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
scrambler
Contributor

Re: How long should I wait to ask for CLI???

I would wait six months before asking for any CLI.  That is just me, I also got  Macy's card March 09 and I don't plan to ask for any CLI till September. I believe 6 months is the minimum required for them to evaluate your credit habit.

However, Macy's do have a GLI (guideline increase) every three months provided you shop with them and PIF every month. Wait for your third statement to cut and see if you get the GLI automatically. What is the CL on you Macy's card by the way.

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's is every 3 months, I program it in my cell phone to alert me when I hit it to the day!
Message 3 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

How long?  Well, if Obama gets it right, I suggest June 2010.  If he gets it wrong, add a couple of years to that  Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 04-27-2009 07:49 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 9
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

@scrambler wrote:

I would wait six months before asking for any CLI.  That is just me, I also got  Macy's card March 09 and I don't plan to ask for any CLI till September. I believe 6 months is the minimum required for them to evaluate your credit habit.

However, Macy's do have a GLI (guideline increase) every three months provided you shop with them and PIF every month. Wait for your third statement to cut and see if you get the GLI automatically. What is the CL on you Macy's card by the way.

My 3rd statement just cut and I didnt get the GLI. I have been paying my measly $100 cl in full each month.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to PIF everymonth on macy's to get a CLI every 3 months?

Message 6 of 9
scrambler
Contributor

I think you should go ahead and ask for a CLI. $100 CL is just ridiculous. You are severely limited by that CL to shop for anything reasonable with Macy's.  I will pay the statement balance in full and wait 2-3 days for the payment to post on the account and then request for a GLI. Good luck.
Message 7 of 9
scrambler
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have to PIF everymonth on macy's to get a CLI every 3 months?

No. But PIF shows that you are able to manage credit properly and will increase the likelihood that you will have no problem getting the GLI.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shalane85,

I was approved for a Macys card on March 5th,  I checked my credit report in early April and to my surprise, my credit limit was upped by $200.   I did not ask for a CLI so as you can imagine,  I was one happy camper!. 

I did charge a pair of pretty expensive jeans, but then I paid my bill in full at the register. 

Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.