Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait to call Discover

tag
favre_2_free
New Contributor

How long should I wait to call Discover

I applied for a Discover More Card this morning.  I got further in the application process then I ever have before, this time, I asked for a small balance transfer.   So after it went through it's first minuite of processing, it popped up and asked me for my tranfer information.  Then it processed for another couple miniutes and had me set up my account, and then it processed for a couple more, and I got a 5-7 day message.  How long should I wait to give the backdoor number a call?

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: How long should I wait to call Discover

If you want to, you can call them right now.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I'd say the message to set up an account was a good sign. Call them up. I just got my Discover. It takes a few days to get the online account set-up once you create it.
Message 3 of 8
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I just called and spoke with the most friendly customer service rep EVER!  She wasn't able to approve me for the original 0% offer, but was able to get me a Discover More Card at 3.99% introductory rates for 6 months with all the same cash back availability.  The limit isn't my highest at $1,000 and the rate isn't great after that at 22.9% but I'm FINALLY in the door at Discover!!!! WAHOO!!!!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
Message 4 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Discover's reps do seem to be nice. I was offered the same rate, but was able to get 9 months at 0%. Can APR be lowered later by treating the account well or will a new card need to be applied for?
Message 5 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Oh, I forgot...

Congrats on your new card!
Message 6 of 8
favre_2_free
New Contributor

Thanks!  I didn't ask about the rate......I was just so happy I wanted to start singing to her!  I've wanted a Discover Card forever, lol.

Message 7 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Lol. Same here. Tons of questions came to mind AFTER I hung up!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.