Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait to reapply for discover

tag
ori68
New Contributor

How long should I wait to reapply for discover

I applied for discover it, and was declined. I called and they said I have a collections in my EQ. I disputed this on TU in feb, and they removed it. I then disputed it in EX, and they removed it. I completely forgot about EQ until today. I just sent in a dispute and proof of TU removing it to EQ. Assuming that EQ removes it (which they should), when should I be able to reapply with discover? Do I have to wait 90 days? How about 1 week from EQ deletion confirmation?

Discover FICO 759(04/15)
Barclaycard FICO 763 (04/15)
Citi FICO 736 (04/15)
BOA Experian 744 (05/15)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: How long should I wait to reapply for discover

@ori68 wrote:

I applied for discover it, and was declined. I called and they said I have a collections in my EQ. I disputed this on TU in feb, and they removed it. I then disputed it in EX, and they removed it. I completely forgot about EQ until today. I just sent in a dispute and proof of TU removing it to EQ. Assuming that EQ removes it (which they should), when should I be able to reapply with discover? Do I have to wait 90 days? How about 1 week from EQ deletion confirmation?

You may actually have to wait the 90 days, especially if that's Discover's policy. Although you can certainly submit an application, it may get flagged and held in limbo, with the eventual "denial due to multiple applications within 30, 60, 90 [whatever their policy is] days". However, many some other members can chime in if they were able to circumvent the rules via recon!

Message 2 of 5
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ori68 wrote:

Can't offer much guidance since I was denied in July 2013 and reapplied in October 2013 and was approved (90 days).  I don't know what their policy is and I only applied in October 2013 thinking that I was applying for the Duck card.  So it was purely accidental for me to apply again in October 2013.  I'm glad that I did though.  I will say that the removal from EQ can make a huge difference.  I had 3 CO's listed in July 2013 and two vanished from EQ (without any action from me) and I was approved in October 2013.  Good luck.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I believe that you can re apply after 30 days with discover.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you can get a corrected copy of EQ to Discover within 30 days of your app you should just request recon.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.