Established Member
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎09-15-2008

How long should i wait???

I'm currently in the process of disputing a charge off on my credit report. I have one credit card (2500 CL) and would like to apply for another to help my credit in the long term. I also have two hard inquires in the past two months. Should I wait till after the dispute over the charge off is complete/paid off? Or can I just go ahead and apply for another credit card? my current score is 606 by the way.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,326
Registered: ‎06-18-2007

Re: How long should i wait???

It is against TOS  to dispute any accurate reporting!!!!!


When filing a dispute on any baddie might come back verified and if not reported in awhile will update and cause your scores to drop.


You would only dispute a CO if it past CRTP!!!!


I am moving you to the credit card board. The people there have the info. that you need reguarding what CCC is pulling what CB and what your chances are in being accepting.


IMO  you should have 3 CC  because they weigh more on your scores then any other credit.


BUT do it right!!!!  ask questions and shop around before applying!!!!!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+