Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to 2nd Barclay Card??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

How long to 2nd Barclay Card??

How long after Barclay approves a card before the system won't auto decline a second app?

Also is it different if one is business and one is personal?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: How long to 2nd Barclay Card??

I've had the card for over one year and each time I apply for another I get automatically declined for having sufficient credit with Barclays.

Message 2 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

It is probably different if one is business and the other being personal.

As for timeframe between 2 personal apps, it's ymmv situation. Some got 2 accounts within 3-4 months of each app, most about >6-7 months
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 10
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I've received two chase cards and a citi TYP this year.  How long should I wait for apping for the Arrival?  6 months from the last inquiry?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 4 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Omg... I've had my Travelocity Amex by Barclay's for about a year and two months. They auto deny me for the same reason!! "Sufficient credit with Barclay's" heh. They wouldn't even move any of that $7700 unused line to an Arrival card.

Barclay's is weird.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I've received two chase cards and a citi TYP this year.  How long should I wait for apping for the Arrival?  6 months from the last inquiry?

Sounds about right. Barclays is extremely sensitive to inquiries and new accounts. 

Message 6 of 10
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I have the Sallie Mae MC and apped for the Priceline Visa after 3 months and got the 7-10 day message. Called the back door number and was told I had to wait 1 more month to app for another Barclay card. Of course the Priceline card dropped to a 1% card shortly after so it ended up not worth apping for anyway.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 7 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

I have the Sallie Mae MC and apped for the Priceline Visa after 3 months and got the 7-10 day message. Called the back door number and was told I had to wait 1 more month to app for another Barclay card. Of course the Priceline card dropped to a 1% card shortly after so it ended up not worth apping for anyway.

Thanks, this is exactly the information I hoped someone would mention.

I was lucky and applied for the Priceline.com 2% card just before they closed the applications. Barclays wasn't at all sympathetic towards my request to increase the credit limit, complaining about the other credit cards I opened this year, and I was hoping to apply for the Sallie Mae card. Now I have a better idea of when to apply.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 10
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I should have been like you and do them in the reverse order that I did!

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 9 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Getting the 2% Priceline.com was just dumb luck on my part. I had heard unsubstantiated rumors that they might do away with it, so I prioritized trying to obtain it.

Anyways, IF I get the Sallie Mae World MasterCard, and eventually the US Bank Cash+, I won't be using the Priceline.com card very much at all. I wish I would have realized that sooner.

It was mainly supposed to cover my phone/cable tv/internet/storage room rental. And since all but the $112/month storage room will eventually be covered by better cards, I guess I won't be too saddened if Barclays eventually takes away the 2% category. And I never imagined I wouldn't be needing a 2% everything card...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.