cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get WF of BoA Secured Card in mail.

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

How long to get WF of BoA Secured Card in mail.

Once you are accepted for a WF or BoA secured card, how long did it take for the card to show up? How long it takes to show up will determine how much I can open the card with.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: How long to get WF of BoA Secured Card in mail.

WF was pretty quick for me once they had all the funds verified.  In total the entire process from app to receipt of card was about 2-3 weeks.  Cap1 was forever. (I actually apped for WF after Cap1 but got WF first and that was after I had to jump through hoops with WF to setup and clear funds for a savings account).

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I got my WF in about a week, not sure about cap1 since it got mailed to my house and my mom shipped it to my @school address.
Message 3 of 7
bahbahd
Established Contributor

You guys like WF over BoA huh? Any particular reason?

Message 4 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I didn't like the terms of BoA secured card.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
dude11
Regular Contributor

I haven't dealt with WF but bofa's secured card appears to be awesome if not one of the best out there as far as secured cards. They were able to convert my regular secured card to a 1-2-3 rewards secured card with no trouble of just owning the card for 4 months. Plus a lot of success stories of unsecuring after 12 months or even before that of owning it.

However, I have read several posts of people disliking WF and not being able to convert their secured cards to unsecured except maybe a handful.

Message 6 of 7
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Thanks, I think I'm gonna try for a BoA Secured card. Hopefully I won't have any issue still having a med CA on my reports. Darn hospital physician bill for a procedure that never happened. So not paying extra for nothing, expecially when it won't come off the reports.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.