Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until Comenity closes a non used card

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

How long until Comenity closes a non used card

Last fall I tried the shopping cart trick just for heck of it at Sportsman and on a whim accepted the offer (sp).  I got the card with an $8K CL but I haven't used it nor will I use it. 

I've got 75K  right now in CL so closing it isn't going to do much to my UTL but my thoughts are wait until they threaten me with closure then I'll go ahead and beat them to the punch and close the thing to thin the herd. 

Question is, how long does it take Comenity to break bad and tell me I have to use it or lose it??

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long until Comenity closes a non used card

Bump, any thoughts.....if not, I'll just wait until the "use it or lose it" message and let everyone know Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

According to your siggy it looks like Sportman's is your only store card?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 6
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

It is but I use cards for the points, groc, gas, travel etc  The Comenity card just sits in the throw away single sock drawer.  I'm not going to close it on my own right now, just wondering how long it takes for Comenity to frown on non use.

Message 4 of 6
shark268
Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

It is but I use cards for the points, groc, gas, travel etc  The Comenity card just sits in the throw away single sock drawer.  I'm not going to close it on my own right now, just wondering how long it takes for Comenity to frown on non use.

Use it for something small to keep it, but if you don't care about it closing why ask?

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 5 of 6
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@shark268 wrote:

Use it for something small to keep it, but if you don't care about it closing why ask?

No pressing need to know, just wondering how long it took Comenity to close one.  Ask?, sometimes just to know.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.