cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will a credit grantor black-list you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long will a credit grantor black-list you?

What I mean is, if you had an account with Best Buy..how long will they hold that against you before you are granted a new account?

How long do they hold that info?

I have improved my scores and dealt with a few baddies that were from over 5 years ago and I am in the process of buying a home. so I eventually want to be able to buy some electronis in the future.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How long will a credit grantor black-list you?

that's HSBC, they will usually give you another HSBC account almost right away. maybe not the best buy store card, but you could try the pre-qual for the mastercard. or just a regular hsbc card.

I got the sears mastercard by hsbc after i had 2 regular hsbc cards charge off.

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's a YMMV based on lender. Some easily forget and I suspect HSBC is one of those and others remember forever.

Message 3 of 7
nicemann
Established Contributor

Yeah I had a charge off with Discover and AMEX about 10 years ago.  I believe I am blacklisted with them so I am not going to waste an INQ.  (AMEX still does soft pulls on my CRs).

Now Chase gave me another chance a couple of years after.

Message 4 of 7
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I've had 4 accounts with HSBC in the past that went bad & I got another Mastercard with them last year ( my fault for the baddies ) so, yes they are pretty much forgiving when it comes to falling into the bad side of things. I made sure this time to only charge what I could pay off right away & it feels good not to carry a balance again that would potentially put me back in trouble. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Had a HSBC card in 2007, account went bad, did a pay for delete earlier this year and almost immediately was offered another one. I didnt apply though. Being patient and waiting to get something a little better although I am not knocking HSBC, they were there for me when I needed them. So in the meantime im being obsessive about paying everything on time and re-building my credit history.

Message 6 of 7
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I had a CompUSA card many years ago (1999) and it went bad.  Since HSBC acquired their CC business, I am blacklisted with them for LIFE.  And that's fine with me!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.