cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take to recover? 85 point drop...

tag
crownrho

How long will it take to recover? 85 point drop...

This summer, I added 4 new CC accounts after having been a AU on a card  and making on time payments to my student loans consistently  for 5 years.

I added Amex BCP, Chase Freedom, Discover, and Bill Me later all this summer. Before these accounts, my AAoA was 5 years.

Before my  Chase and BML inquiries reported, my FICO EQ was 766. Now its 681. This is about a 85 point drop.

I have 3 inquires in the last year, and the only thing that is reporting so far is discover and the three new inquries, nothing else has changed. My current util is about 8%. 

My questions are:

1) When the rest of my new cards start reporting, I know my AAOA will be decreased, but I've already took such a blow to my fico, how much more decrease should I expect?

Also,

2) For those who go on App sprees, do you all know when I can expect my Fico to start going back up? I'd like to start looking to buying a condo next summer/fall but I'm afraid my Fico score won't recover by then.

Any suggestions/advice?

Starting Score: 589 EQ FICO
Current Score: 696 EX FICO,699 TU FICO, 683 TU FICO
Goal Score: 800 across
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: How long will it take to recover? 85 point drop...

@crownrho wrote:

This summer, I added 4 new CC accounts after having been a AU on a card  and making on time payments to my student loans consistently  for 5 years.

I added Amex BCP, Chase Freedom, Discover, and Bill Me later all this summer. Before these accounts, my AAoA was 5 years.

Before my  Chase and BML inquiries reported, my FICO EQ was 766. Now its 681. This is about a 85 point drop.

I have 3 inquires in the last year, and the only thing that is reporting so far is discover and the three new inquries, nothing else has changed. My current util is about 8%. 

My questions are:

1) When the rest of my new cards start reporting, I know my AAOA will be decreased, but I've already took such a blow to my fico, how much more decrease should I expect?

Also,

2) For those who go on App sprees, do you all know when I can expect my Fico to start going back up? I'd like to start looking to buying a condo next summer/fall but I'm afraid my Fico score won't recover by then.

Any suggestions/advice?

It happens...time heals scores and yours will start to climb over the course of the next 6 months

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yea it sucks but like myjourney says, it will recover as long as you don't apply for anything else for awhile.  Mine dropped considerably as well last year and I recovered, but the app itch got me so now my scores have tanked again.  It's disheartening until you've been through it, but soon, if you stick around here, you will be an old pro at this and it won't bother you anymore Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 5
Stralem
Established Contributor

Just gotta wait it out, dude. But I know how it sucks.

I dropped from a 702 to a goddamn 633 in 1 month due to a combination of new cards reporting and sudden (necessary) balance increases.

My AAoA went from 4 years to 10 months.

But in I'll be back in the 700 club by years end. You will too.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 5
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Those massive point drops sure hit like a ton of bricks! But itll go back up again w time n patience... Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.