cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many AMEX cards can you get approved for in two months?

tag
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many AMEX cards can you get approved for in two months?

Backdating sorry on iphone
Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@audia4 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

I think most of the banks have rules for how long you need to wait between card applications and a limit on how many cards you can be approved for within a given amount of time.  What are the rules for AMEX?  Say if you got two cards two months ago, can you get two more now? What has been your experiance?

Since they limit the amount of personal revolvers to 4, I will say 4.  The charge cards do not have a limit however.  In most cases, they delay processing on multiple apps for revolvers to 5 business days. 

Not sure why a person would want to test getting more Amex revolvers so close together because of the CLI policy.  To each is own. 

I'm trying to understand this a little better and I might be totally wrong about what you are saying...

Are you referring to 4 AMEX cards or that AMEX doesn't like you to have more than 4 CC's TOTAL (as in with anyone)?

4 personal Amex revolvers

Message 12 of 15
audia4
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

I'm trying to understand this a little better and I might be totally wrong about what you are saying...

Are you referring to 4 AMEX cards or that AMEX doesn't like you to have more than 4 CC's TOTAL (as in with anyone)?

4 personal Amex revolvers

So AMEX will let you have 4 different AMEX cards with them? I wonder if they'd give me another since they have officially DENIED a limit increase consistently every 90 days. Sigh   Smiley Sad

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 13 of 15
dbatl14
Contributor

Well I just got approved for the Amex Everday Card about a week ago. I was reading about Amex using the same CR if you app within a certain time period. So I tried to app for the Amex Business Gold and got the declined.

Actually, I received the notification that they are processing the app and will need to further review it. But then I went to the site to check the application status and it says "declined" when I tried to click and see the full description it says "can't access your application please try later"

So does this mean that I am officially declined or does it mean that I am in some type of review status and have to wait till Monday or should I call them. Don't want to waste my time if calling in just yields the same.

Maybe I app'd too close together.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbatl14 wrote:

Well I just got approved for the Amex Everday Card about a week ago. I was reading about Amex using the same CR if you app within a certain time period. So I tried to app for the Amex Business Gold and got the declined.

Actually, I received the notification that they are processing the app and will need to further review it. But then I went to the site to check the application status and it says "declined" when I tried to click and see the full description it says "can't access your application please try later"

So does this mean that I am officially declined or does it mean that I am in some type of review status and have to wait till Monday or should I call them. Don't want to waste my time if calling in just yields the same.

Maybe I app'd too close together.

You really would get more answers to your question if you start a new thread instead of posting in one that is 10 months old.  You can call but more than likely it's a decline.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.