Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many AMEX cards can you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many AMEX cards can you have?

@Chopbrocoli wrote:
As much as you want I believe. But I know you can't have all 4 of their charge cards though.

This is not correct. You can have all the charge cards you want, if you get approved. I have seen customers with Green, Gold, Platinum, and Centurion. I've actually seen all of the above plus a Senior Green, Rewards Plus Gold, etc. depending on how long the customer has been with us. Not to mention, some of them have multiple platinum or gold accounts and they're reasoning is they use each charge card for different purposes, but I still can't justify paying the membership fees for all of those charge accounts.

I have seen some customers with as many as over thirty accounts. That's about fifteen a piece in personal and in business. They're separated into separate portfolios.

Message Edited by TheCynicalOne on 12-10-2008 05:26 PM
Message 11 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My father has 7 with a cl total of 67.500, until amex went on a rampage!!

Green Charge

Gold Business Charge

Blue

Clear

Optima

Simply Cash Business

Platinum Business

total CL today of about $12,500 not counting charge cards which have not been effected.

Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

TheCynicalOne wrote:

This is not correct. You can have all the charge cards you want, if you get approved. I have seen customers with Green, Gold, Platinum, and Centurion. I've actually seen all of the above plus a Senior Green, Rewards Plus Gold, etc. depending on how long the customer has been with us. Not to mention, some of them have multiple platinum or gold accounts and they're reasoning is they use each charge card for different purposes, but I still can't justify paying the membership fees for all of those charge accounts.

I have seen some customers with as many as over thirty accounts. That's about fifteen a piece in personal and in business. They're separated into separate portfolios.

Goodness gracious, CynicalOne, where on earth have you been? I was just thinking about you the other day, when I thought what fun it must be to be an American Express CSR these days! Hope you're hanging in there!

And OP, I think that our forum record holder for personal American Express accounts is rajcajun. You can do a search for her posts. She hasn't been on in a while though. NotMyName is probably second.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.