Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Amex can have ?

tag
smalldede
Valued Member

How many Amex can have ?

Because of BOA charge me $59 annual fee, even it's my oldest credit card ( a little over 4 years now) I'm going to closed the card next week. Before I closed the card I want to apply one more Amex credit card. ( I know if I approved My new Amex open day will be back to 3 years ago ) Currently I have 2 Amex. Amex Costco and Amex Green ( both apply on 3 years ago ) I would like to know is there any chance I can have 3 Amex product at the same time ?

Thank you.

My Score today ( Equifax ) = 707

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DI
Super Contributor

Re: How many Amex can have ?

I would like to hear the answer to that question too.  At one time I wa pre-approved for all of AMEX's card.  Last week I was pre-approved for two cards but they were with annual fees.  I hope to get pre-approved for a no AF card to replace my $5300 Kroger 123 card and rid dealing with that dirty rat U.S. Bank.    I cannot wait to cancel them even if after the investigation they decide to change those opening dates. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that you can multiple Am Ex cards (but why would you want to?)

Message 3 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand that you can multiple Am Ex cards (but why would you want to?)

To increase the total available credit and perhaps some just do it  to replace an unwanted card. 

Message 4 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

@smalldede wrote:

Because of BOA charge me $59 annual fee, even it's my oldest credit card ( a little over 4 years now) I'm going to closed the card next week. Before I closed the card I want to apply one more Amex credit card. ( I know if I approved My new Amex open day will be back to 3 years ago ) Currently I have 2 Amex. Amex Costco and Amex Green ( both apply on 3 years ago ) I would like to know is there any chance I can have 3 Amex product at the same time ?

Thank you.

My Score today ( Equifax ) = 707

Yes.  Some have 5 or 6... one big draw for multiple Amex product can be the age benefit. 

Even closed it continues to bolster AAoA for up to 10 yrs.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 12
android01
Valued Contributor

I have three.  A Business Platinum for my company,  a Delta Skymiles Card for personal travel (I live where Delta has a hub), and a Costo TE card (which I just got today) for cash back on gasoline and restaurants, primarily.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 6 of 12
smalldede
Valued Member

Because I'm going to closed my oldest credt card , I want to apply one more Amex product for account age benefit.

Thank you

Message 7 of 12
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I just got my 2nd AMEX. First was a Green and on Friday received my Blue. Both are dated back to 06/1996. They also "pre-approved" me for Zync and Platinum. I guess if someone really wanted to pay, they'd be more than willing to issue severaly fee based cards.

Message 8 of 12
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I have Amex Gold Charge Card- Platinum Delta Skymiles Credit Card-Hilton Honour Surpass Credit Card, all backdated to '95- really would like Zync-lol

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 9 of 12
cdtotten
Established Contributor

At one time, I had 4. Amex Blue, Delta Platinum, Starwood Preferred, and Costco True Earnings. I don't belive there is a cap unless your total exposure is too high for their desire.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.