cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Amex's can one person have??!

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: How many Amex's can one person have??!

@adavis425 wrote:

Duncanrr?? Smiley Tongue

AF for BCP, not BCE. Yeah, it really depends on how many AFs you want to pay. I've a friend with 5.

How the hell did I get dragged into this one?   Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Think this has been discussed a few times... each time i have a harder time remembering! lol:

Gold Charge

Optima Platinum Personal

Clear Personal

Blue Personal

Gold Charge Business

Platinum Cash Business Revolver

Blue business

JetBLue Business

feel like missing 1 or 2... all in the past. at one time before economy the revolving totals with business and personal were around $68k

they started crashing down fast around 08-09... same time as everone else.

Message 12 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

ooooooOOooo.. the Clear looks pweetttyyyy LOL

but idk, I love my BCE so far. :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 17
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

10 is the max you are allowed..these are the ones that are issued the amex

I thought it was a maximum of 5 personal cards?

I know there is a max of 5 revovling personal credit cards, but business and charge cards are not included in that.

Amex made me close a revolver when I tried to open the 6th.

If anyone is wondering, I also have an Amex charge card and I have more than $50K in credit limits with Amex -- when I closed the one card to get another, I increased my aggregate credit limits by $6K to $10K (so that wasn't the issue).

Message 14 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I just saw the clear...it has no rewards. It seems pretty unworthy of a hard pull...all I noticed was a $25 gift card after you spend a pretty hefty amount. After all that spending, you only get $25 bucks? That's what kills me about the BCE. You have to spend 1k in 90 days to get $100 cash back when you can get the same thing with Chase Freedom but only required to spend $500 in 90 days to get $100 back.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I just saw the clear...it has no rewards. It seems pretty unworthy of a hard pull...all I noticed was a $25 gift card after you spend a pretty hefty amount. After all that spending, you only get $25 bucks? That's what kills me about the BCE. You have to spend 1k in 90 days to get $100 cash back when you can get the same thing with Chase Freedom but only required to spend $500 in 90 days to get $100 back.

hmm well if you use it heavily or as a main card its not that bad. 

i ran through the 500 on freedom in about 3 weeks. im sure 1k would be no problem on an amex =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah...LOL took me about that long to get that $100 cashback on Freedom... I'm already $200 spent in on the Amex BCE.... besides, if it's your "everyday" card, you should be able spend that easily. I try to limit my excess spending to about $400 a month anyway, so if I spend $333 a month for three months, BOOOM!  $100 cash from BCE!!!! I'm also planning to take a few trips (Washington and New York) within the next 90 days, so I might just charge those to get closer to that $100 cash. I also plan to PIF even though it's at 0% the first year anyway.

another note, A friend of mine actually had an offer for 30,000 after $500 spend within thirty days for the Amex Blue Sky, but she got declined when she applied :-(

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.